We are looking for a C++ engineer to join in our Cloud Storage (Software Defined Storage) initiative. As a global e-commercial company, we have all kinds of requirements on storage: high performance (database), medium performance (general usage), low performance (archived data). SDS will be a single point service for all these requirements. It will support hundreds of PB storage requirements. Our customers includes Docker service and geo-distributed database service, distributed log service, etc.
The ideal candidate will have strong understanding of C++ languages, SAN/NetApp storage or cloud based storage, web protocols, design patterns, and network. Exceptional problem solving abilities will be critical for success, as will be a focus on quality. In our environment, quality is everyone’s responsibility, passion is key, innovation and creativity is strongly encouraged. The successful candidate will participate in the entire life cycle of a product ranging from architecture through testing and production rollout.
Primary job responsibilities
• Develop cloud storage controller panel and data panel, include API, workflow and coordinators.
• Design and implement differentiated production-ready features in a fast-pace environment with focus on scalability, performance and availability
• Rollout features at the pace of business changes and requirements
• Passion to bring out innovative ideas and try out new solutions, while being open minded to feedback from the team
• Relentless focus on quality and automation
• Experiences with distributed storage in cloud environment
• Familiar with micro-service architecture and REST API framework like Vert.x/Jersey.
•Experiences with distributed system design and implementation about distributed consistency/synchronization/ fault-tolerant/HA.
• Experiences of Java best practice and JVM internal concepts like threading/memory/locking/nio /async, etc.
• Working experiences in a cloud environment (Docker) is required
• Proven problem solving skills on distributed environments: reverse engineering, think statistically and improvising fully
• Strong verbal and written English communication skills are required due to dynamic nature of team discussions
• Be proactive and self-directed work style with minimum supervision
• Project management experience is a big plus
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at [email protected]. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.