eBay is a global commerce leader that allows you to shape how the world buys, sells, and gives. You’ll be part of a work culture that’s been genuinely committed to diversity and inclusion since its founding more than 20 years ago. Here, you can just be yourself, do your best work, and have a meaningful impact on people across the globe. We are looking for people with drive, ideas, and a passion for helping small businesses succeed to help shape the future of eBay—does this sound like you? If so, we’d love to talk to you!Apply
eBay is a global commerce leader that allows you to shape how the world buys, sells, and
gives. You’ll be part of a work culture that’s been genuinely committed to diversity and
inclusion since its founding more than 20 years ago. Here, you can just be yourself, do your best
work, and have a meaningful impact on people across the globe. We are looking for people with
drive, ideas, and a passion for helping small businesses succeed to help shape the future of
eBay—does this sound like you? If so, we’d love to talk to you!
We are on a mission to build a software defined infrastructure that builds, manages, scales
and heals with our business growth. There are many challenges that engage us daily to evolve our
cloud platform and you will play an integral role.
We are looking at engineers at different levels - new college grad to 10+ years of
Customer First -Every problem we tackle must bring value for the customer (ebay.com)
and we put the customer above everything else.
Simplicity -Our systems need to be as simple as possible through thoughtful reduction.
Just Works -Our platforms need to just work at our scale with the highest possible
Engineering Perfection -Take pride in engineering solutions that push the boundaries
We provide world class problems that very few companies in the technology world have to
deal with. These are very important for running the business at our scale and need to be solved
for highest reliability, availability and in a most efficient manner. These help us to be the
platform of choice for millions of our customers - for many of them, primary source of
We provide autonomy, we expect proficiency and collectively we help our purpose. You can
expect not to see any bureaucracy.
- B.S/M.S/Ph.D in Computer Science or Computer Engineering.
- 3+ years of industry experience
- Solid foundations in computer science - data structures, logical thinking, algorithms, space-time complexities, Operating Systems etc.,
- Demonstrable experience in solving problems in the areas of distributed systems at scale preferably at Systems level (Application level experience with systems orientation is also welcome) - optional if you are a recent graduate.
- Experience working in the Kubernetes as a consumer or a provider (public or private clouds) is a plus.
- Programming languages - Go, C++, Java.
- Expertise in Linux Kernel, Networking stacks is a plus.
- Develop and advance the capabilities of our highly reliable and available cloud services - Compute, Network and Storage.
- Own the services for the full life cycle with development, test, deploy, monitor and measure.
- Conceive new insights to problems and take them to market through rapid prototyping, validation, iterative development and continuous test and deployment.
- Challenge yourself, enrich in an environment of like minded engineers and most importantly Have fun!
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs. Including maternal & paternal leave, paid sabbatical, and plans to help ensure your financial security today and in the years ahead because we know feeling financially secure during your working years and through retirement is important.
Here at eBay, we love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about eBay’s Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at [email protected]. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.