Are you passionate about writing sophisticated and reusable code? Do you want to work with other smart and excited people and build applications that showcase the distributed computing? If you have phenomenal Java/GoLang chops and are passionate about modern distributed applications, we would like to hear from you. We need smart, proactive engineers who want to develop efficient, productive interfaces for powerful, vastly useful systems.
eBay Monitoring systems processes 1PB+ logs and 2M metrics/minute of machine generated data every day. Making the data available and reliable through API and building solutions is key.
- Work with other members of the Client Engineering team to implement new features.
- Work with forward-thinking engineers to bring prototypes to life.
- Work closely with our platform engineering teams to expose eBay's monitoring data to a variety of different kinds of users.
- Contribute to functional, integration, performance, data quality, and regression testing.
- Design, develop, and execute unit test plans, test cases, and test strategies for dashboards, visualizations, metrics, reports.
- Work with Product Development, Product Management, Performance Engineering, and Operations teams to develop innovative solutions that meet market and business needs with respect to functionality, performance, scalability, and reliability.
- Participate in continuous improvement process based on identifying causes of friction which can be removed by changes in process to technology to improve the velocity of innovation and help drive those changes to successful adoption.
- Utilize knowledge and experience in a Unix/Linux and container-based environment. Work in a team environment.
- BS or MS degree in computer science, software engineering, or related fields
- 0-3 Years in building highly scalable distributed systems
- Knowledge of all layers of the TCP/IP stack, networking, security and common Internet services/protocols such as SNMP, DNS, LDAP, NTP, HTTP
- Knowledge of Linux operation and troubleshooting
- Experience with building network monitoring products is a huge plus!
- Experience in automating large-scale deployments with modern software configuration management tools (Salt, Puppet, Jenkins) and monitoring (Prometheus) is highly desirable
- Good verbal & written communication skills and proven track record to collaborate across teams and organizations
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs. Including maternal & paternal leave, paid sabbatical, and plans to help ensure your financial security today and in the years ahead because we know feeling financially secure during your working years and through retirement is important.
Here at eBay, we love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about eBay’s Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/company/diversity-inclusion/
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at [email protected] We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: EEO is the Law Poster and EEO is the Law Poster Supplement