We are the indexing team for the ebay search engine. ebay search is what you experience when you do a search on https://www.ebay.com. The ebay search engine handles 5 billion queries daily on a corpus of 3 billion documents. The indexing team's job is to build the 20 different indexes for the ebay search engine, on a distributed infrastructure for both batch and real-time updates. If you have a terrific understanding of Scala and Spark, you are the person that we are looking for. Come join us.
- Understand, estimate, design and implement complex software applications, primarily in Scala
- Deliver highly performing, low latency, robust code with high test coverage, continuous integration and production monitoring
- Research and implement indexing techniques for higher search engine performance
- Monitor and maintain the batch and real-time indexer pipelines
- Lead engineering design and code reviews
- Triage and debug production issues
- Mentor junior team members
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or closely related field with 5 years of relevant experience
- Expertise in Scala
- Expertise in building scalable, distributed systems
- Experience in big data technologies (Hadoop, Spark)
- Familiarity in the field of Information Retrieval
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs. Including maternal & paternal leave, paid sabbatical, and plans to help ensure your financial security today and in the years ahead because we know feeling financially secure during your working years and through retirement is important.
Here at eBay, we love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work.
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at [email protected] We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: EEO is the Law Poster and EEO is the Law Poster Supplement