mobile.de, part of the eBay Inc family, is the largest online vehicle platform in Germany. Following our vision of "enabling Automotive commerce", we help to connect thousands of car buyers and sellers every single day. With far more than 10 million unique visitors per month, mobile.de is the most visited car buying website in Germany. Users have more than 1.5 million vehicles to choose from - including more than 150,000 new cars. Additional services such as tips and tricks around buying a car, arranging financing or insurance and online advertising complete the offer of mobile.de.
We are seeking an experienced and motivated professional to join our team as Senior Business
Development Manager (f/m/d).
You will be joining our Private Selling business unit where we continuously strive to make the car selling process for our users easier and more fun. In 2017, this business unit was established within mobile.de and has been on a steep growth trajectory ever since. To cater for such level of growth and underlying innovation, we are working in a highly agile and cross-functional way. The role as a Senior Busines Development Manger will complement our C2B Squad within Private Selling. It aims to drive mobile.de's strategic ambition to extend its footprint towards the car selling transaction through exploration and exploitation of market opportunities and innovation.
• Be part of a winning team - we will craft mobile.de's future by building new products and services together!
• Identify business opportunities by continuously screening competition, technology trends and best practices within the market
• Evaluate business opportunities and set up experiments to validate key hypotheses
• Identity, acquire and grow relationships with external partners
• Define, monitor and own the metrics to measure business success - you plan and pursue revenue targets
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams with colleagues from Product Management, Marketing & Sales, Research and Analytics
• Enable the team to be as fast as possible (removes barriers, process challenges etc.) and use the experience and skills from the entire team
• Share insights (successes & failures), drive progress and ensure results
• Prepare presentations for the management team
• At least 4 years of work experience within a comparable setting, preferably with an e-commerce,
consulting, classifieds or automotive profile
• High intrinsic motivation for identifying and developing new business opportunities
• Team player with high personal engagement
• Proven track record in project steering and execution
• Fast apprehension, strong ability to identify and focus on top priorities, excellent logical and analytics skills
• Experience with strategy and/or consulting projects and/or business aspects
• Ability to work highly independently and deal with complexity and ambiguity in a very dynamic environment
• Master’s degree or similar
• Excellent oral and written communication skills both in English and preferably German
• High proficiency in MS Office, especially Excel and PowerPoint
What we offer:
• Meaningful work with diverse, international, highly skilled and passionate teams which give you
the chance to make a difference in our customers’ lives.
• A start-up spirit within an established organization.
• International career opportunities throughout eCG.
• Competitive compensation, conference & education budget. We value your personal and professional development.
• A healthy work-life balance, i.e. part-time work, an additional paid parental leave time, flexible working hours including working from home options.
• A great atmosphere, open-minded company culture with several social team activities (online and offline).
We love building opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, no matter who you are, you feel mobile.den is a place where you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about us click here: https://jobs.ebayclassifiedsgroup.com
People are the heart of the mobile.de and their health and well-being are our first priority.
We continue to monitor local government guidance and partner closely with medical advisors to determine the safest and best next steps for everyone. As a result, most teams are working remotely, with a few teams able to collaborate in person with enhanced safety procedures. We will discuss the particular case for your region during the interview process. As a general rule, interviews will be completed remotely over video calls.
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at [email protected]. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.