eBay is a global commerce leader that allows you to shape how the world buys, sells, and gives. You’ll be part of a work culture that’s been genuinely committed to diversity and inclusion since its founding more than 20 years ago. Here, you can just be yourself, do your best work, and have a meaningful impact on people across the globe. We are looking for people with drive, ideas, and a passion for helping small businesses succeed to help shape the future of eBay—does this sound like you? If so, we’d love to talk to you!
About the team:
We play an instrumental role in connecting people with the things they need and love, anytime, anywhere. The Americas help deliver a personalized shopping experience and flawless access to inventory from down the street and around the world, as well as tailored shopping experiences, including customized buying and selling. eBay aims to drive growth into new markets and drive value in the shopping and selling experience through “building, accelerating, and disrupting.” The team is comprised of marketing, merchandising, operations, business selling, consumer selling, and shipping. Our responsibilities include all aspects of the region including operations in the US and Canada.
We are looking for a Sr. Director - General Manager, Apparel to join our Verticals team at eBay. Based in San Jose, CA. and managing a team, you will own the category which is one of the most strategically important for eBay and comprises a key role of the Verticals organization. If you are customer-focused, analytical, able to build meaningful relationships, have an ownership mindset and are ready to make an exciting move, we would love to hear from you!
The GM will be accountable for delivering the overall business objectives, driving day-to-day operations for the Apparel category and achieving specific objectives related to volume of commerce, revenue, profit margins, and consumer satisfaction for buyers and sellers. The GM will work strategically to identify and prioritize opportunities and execute cross-functionally to drive the business forward across a variety of business-critical metrics. This will include driving product, marketing, advertising, inventory, monetization, trust, site experience, business development, and other operating decisions across the Apparel category. With P&L responsibility, you will support the management team in the achievement of corporate objectives. You will develop and implement a regional strategy and participate fully in the definition and ongoing evolution of eBay’s global strategy and culture as a part of the Verticals leadership team.
- Drive performance against P&L levers influencing revenue across the business
- Drive category strategy (including pricing, inventory, promotions, site experience)
- Lead vertical, horizontal, cultural, and retail moment execution as it relates to Apparel specifically on eBay and our customers
- Define and execute strategies that will enable organic category growth across buyers and sellers
- Build and share a vision that identifies new opportunities, foresees upcoming challenges and proactively addresses issues.
- Lead all aspects of performance and business planning for top sellers, buyers, and 3rd party partners
- Oversee team’s performance on key metrics (pricing, inventory, discoverability, customer satisfaction, gross merchandise volume, etc), as well as platform feature ideation and adoption
- Drive strategic product, policy, communications, business development, marketing, and inventory initiatives in a holistic manner to improve buyer & seller satisfaction
- Drive eBay event planning with Marketing Campaign Manager and Planning function
- Lead marketing plan development and category management asset requests (e.g. placement, coupon, support, etc.)
- 12-15 years experience with increasing responsibility as a general manager in an online marketplace, digital platform, or retail environment. Startup experience valued.
- Broad functional skillset with proven success in multidisciplinary leadership including marketing, product, operations and P&L leadership
- Excellent decision-making skills with a knack for identifying, prioritizing, and articulating the highest impact initiatives
- Comfortable making decisions with imperfect information where you may have ambiguity and need to use data to meet deliverables and drive initiatives to completion within specified timelines
- Prior experience successfully leading and inspiring diverse teams
- Passion for the Apparel category & industry experience and relationships with key industry players
- Experienced at influencing & negotiating with third parties in complex negotiations
- Execution-driven, growth-oriented, customer-centric ownership mindset to drive performance against agreed KPIs
- Deep insight into the digital sector
- Ability to develop strong cultures, lead groups of individuals effectively and manage cross-functional coordination
- Peerless communication and presentation skills, adept at communicating simply and effectively in large or small group settings
- Strong project management and problem-solving skills
- Bachelors degree required, MS/MBA preferred
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Here at eBay, we love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about eBay’s Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at [email protected]. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.