About the Team
The eBay Global Business Rules Team create trust in the global marketplaces, drive revenue, reduce loss, and deliver impactful business results with flexibility and agility. Business rules are configured based on sound data, analytics, and collaboration from a multitude of cross-functional teams. Our current team is located in Salt Lake City, Dublin, and Berlin. We are looking to expand our team footprint into Shanghai.
We are currently looking to fill the position of ‘Sr Manager, Business Rules’ to build and manage a new Shanghai Business Rules team supporting Buyer and Seller Risk. Candidates should provide strong leadership, a strategic perspective, sound business judgment, strong analytic capabilities, and a collaborative partnership. They will be a global ambassador for Business Rules, maintaining relationships with key global stakeholders and supporting the development and continuous improvement of the team. Candidates should make an impact in our fast-paced work environment with multiple complex projects to balance on a regular basis. Successful candidates will bring passion to do what is right for the business and work effectively with the business unit partners to collaborate and build out winning solutions together. Shanghai Business Rules team will design and build business rules to detect and mitigate Payment Risk, Buyer Account Risk, Seller Account Risk. Team will need to partner and support cross functional teams. We are searching for a leader to build who will build the team of highly engaged and inspired professions who are excited to creatively solve problems.
Key Functions & Responsibilities
· Accountability for the day-to-day management of the team, building capabilities and aligning team / managers with Business Rules priorities and objectives:
o Create a team of excellence to detect and mitigate Buyer, Seller, and Payment Risk.
o Monitors performance of all components to ensure progress towards meeting KPI's and L1 goals / metrics
o Ensures implementation is of high quality and from a global perspective, continuously improving service and results for our people and the business
o Supports the team as a gatekeeper for incoming requests, prioritizing those requests, and managing requestors as appropriate
· Initiates, influences, plans and directs strategies to improve the professional service of Business Rules
· Supports and champions change and delivery of new Business Rules concepts. Brings relevant experience to drive improved service and standards for the Business Rules team
· Capable of collaborating and working cross functionally with other business partners, leadership, product, and engineering.
· Sets priorities for Business Rules when collaborating with multiple functional areas, cross-functional teams, regional and global initiatives and eBay's global strategy
· Demonstrates and leads best practice in Business Rules Operating Principles
· Presents detection strategies and goals in inspirational ways to large cross functional, regional or global teams
· Team Development - Ability to coach, support and motivate individuals to grow and be successful in their environment. Has a track record of strong performance, people management skills and growing talent with a proven ability to grown talent and provide stretch assignments
· Understanding of Company KPI's and L1 goals/metrics and how team outcomes can make an impact.
· Understands the business and the data points needed for effective decision making.
· Drives and visualizes effective data analysis to push forward new or difficult concepts
· Understands and communicates implications from a Business Rules perspective for the business on a global scale. Comfortable communicating when things are going wrong and how to remedy them
· Thrives in ambiguous and creative spaces
· Shows a drive for innovation and a high resiliency for challenge and change
· Provides inputs to & supports change
· Quickly and easily adapts approach of self and others to the changing needs of the business
· Shows strong self-awareness and the ability to continually adapt and learn to a changing environment
· 5-10 years of experience managing Risk or Fraud Prevention
· Excellent People-Management Skills: 2+ years of experience managing direct reports, building teams and succession plans in a large organization.
· Strong Communication Skills: Excellent interpersonal skills, communication, and leadership skills. Ability to influence and work effectively with others. Success depends on building rapport and credibility with multiple stakeholders across the organization.
· Analytics and Data Driven Decision Making: Proven ability tothink analytically.Ability to define & clearly articulate success metrics, track progress and course correct as necessary, and deliverconsistently againsttargets. Experience with databases and a basic understanding of data warehouse architecture desirable.
· Experience with a data warehouse and building presentations that articulate key concepts and insights
· Technical Proficiency: Knowledge/understandingof business rules software preferred. Experience with SQL, Python, Datawarehouse, and Hadoop preferred.
· Agile Methodologies: Experience working in an agile scrum environment with Jira and Kanban boards.
· Multitasking/Project Management: Individual has experience and is comfortable managing multiple projects at the same time in a fast pace environment.
· Previous eBay experience preferred.
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at [email protected]. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.