We’re looking for motivated senior software engineers to help us build the next generation mobile architecture at eBay. You will be a member of a senior architecture team, building the next generation of our commerce platforms.
eBay is a global commerce leader where you can influence how the world buys, sells, and gives. eBay boasts a work culture that’s been genuinely committed to diversity and inclusion since its founding twenty five years ago.
Our vision for commerce is one that is enabled by people, powered by technology, and open to everyone. We work hard to create a level playing field where all players, big or small, have the same economic opportunity.
We encourage passion, courage and inventiveness, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce. If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive work environment, we want you to become a part of eBay!Your Responsibilities Will Include:
- Demonstrating knowledge in development patterns and engineering standard methodologies.
- Collaborating with engineering teams across multiple domains and multiple geographies.
- Working with other senior developers and architects to refactor foundational components to update our current software stack while incorporating the latest technologies, patterns and methods.
- Following agile practices and focusing on continual improvement in our practices, demonstrate excellence and encourage others to do the same.
- 6-8+ years proven experience in designing, building, refactoring and releasing rich client software using industry standard patterns.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with other engineers and architects to deliver world-class solutions.
- Experience with TDD, pairing, code reviews, and other techniques to maintain high-quality code and resiliency.
- Strong advocacy of automated testing, continuous delivery, and software quality across the software development life-cycle.
- Willingness to dive deep into details. Iterative approach to problems and solutions.
- Preferred experience with Swift’s Combine framework: Functional programming, reactive software architecture, decoupled APIs.
- Preferred Master's degree in Computer Science, or Bachelor's degree with equivalent experience.
- Experience working with Open-Source technologies.
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs. Including maternal & paternal leave, paid sabbatical, and plans to help ensure your financial security today and in the years ahead because we know feeling financially secure during your working years and through retirement is important.
Here at eBay, we love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about eBay’s Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/company/diversity-inclusion/
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at [email protected]. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.