Kijiji is the #1 online classifieds site in Canada. As one of Canada’s top 10 most-visited digital properties, we reach more than half of Canadian internet users monthly. We’re a leader in helping Canadians find and trade goods and services in their local communities, including Autos, Real Estate and Jobs. We’re proud of our engaged, results-oriented and collaborative team culture, and we were recently named one of the top Toronto Tech Employer Brands.2 Our stylish office is located in the historic King and Spadina neighbourhood in Toronto’s hub of innovation.About the team:
Classifieds is shaping the future of local commerce by bringing people together through an enriched online experience that allows them to work closely with the community around them. We are comprised of more than 1,000 people who are passionate about local trade and maintaining the customer-centric nature of the Group, while exploring growth opportunities in both the countries where eBay Classifieds Group already has a presence and in prospective markets.
We are looking for a Technical Product Manager who will take ownership of the critical Kijiji consumer path and will add real value to our end customers, improving our growth in the Canadian classified's marketplace. Reporting to the Director of Product, dotted line to our CTO, you will handle the core Kijiji technical product roadmap and backlog, working with peers on the team to drive the ongoing product vision and direction.
Your focus will be on applying your technical expertise to manage a team passionate about infrastructure, performance and stability, software frameworks and tooling. You’ll lead sophisticated, multi-disciplinary projects that will focus on improving engineering efficiency at Kijiji. You'll need strong attention to detail of course, as well as an eagerness to seek difficult technical product problems.
If you would like to join a highly skilled dynamic and highly motivated team and work with one of Canada’s top brands, have an impact and make a difference daily, then join us!You Will
- Own and drive forward the platform teams product roadmap and backlog
- Identify and tackle cross-functional inter-team dependencies and technical challenges
- Develop tools and processes to improve software engineering efficiency and drive hardworking technical platform performance
- Provide technical expertise throughout the product lifecycle including design, implementation, and delivery of scalable build/test/release infrastructure
- Assess and make recommendations on technical business opportunities for growing Kijiji’s core growth metrics
- Collaborate with and update the Leadership team, while taking a data-supported and results-oriented approach, to prioritize the product backlog according to the business value and return on investment
- Partner with Technical Leads and Engineering teams to plan product releases.
- Lead all aspects of the entire product backlog collaborate with other Product Managers to ensure technical alignment of impactful user stories
- Facilitate daily scrum team meetings, define overall sprint goals for the teams, and collaborate with Scrum teams on commitments.
- Aggregate and analyze responses from customers, partners, and other teams to synthesize requirements, technical features, and end products.
- Make forward-thinking recommendations to expand the product base and vision.
- Experienced with running effective multi-team scaled Scrum teams
- Driven to succeed in a fast-paced growth results-oriented environment
- Comfortable being the point of contact for senior and global partners
- Knowledgeable and experienced in Agile methodologies for software development (Kanban, Scrum & Nexus Framework)
- Experienced in product lifecycle management
- Experienced leading and balancing multiple projects
- A master at fact-finding and generating outcomes with data
- Capable of nurturing and growing business relationships
- Proficient working with complex API’s and Web Services
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with a Bachelor/Masters degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field
- Established technical product management experience in an Agile work environment
- Experience working with local and global teams while influencing the organization at all levels
- Experience as a business owner for a broad platform of projects and operating as the go-to resource for the engineering organization, customer support team, and all partners.
- Interpersonal communication skills both oral and written
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs. Including maternal & paternal leave, paid sabbatical, and plans to help ensure your financial security today and in the years ahead because we know feeling financially secure during your working years and through retirement is important.
We love building opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel Kijiji is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work.. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.Covid-19
People are the heart of Kijiji and their health and well-being are our first priority.
We continue to monitor local government guidance and partner closely with medical advisors to determine the safest and best next steps for everyone. As a result, most teams are working remotely, with a few teams able to collaborate in person with enhanced safety procedures. We will discuss the particular case for your region during the interview process. As a general rule, interviews will be completed remotely over video calls.
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at [email protected]. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.