Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination? Want to create
opportunities by enabling others to buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you seek
to be a part of a purpose driven community, then eBay Classifieds is a company you will be proud
With eight brands in over 20 countries, eCG classifieds sites help millions of people find what
they’re looking for right in their local communities. Every connection made or item found is a
step toward a world where people share more and waste less.
SEO Product Manager – Toronto
We are looking for an experienced technical SEO manager with a proven track record of delivering SEO improvements that lead to measurable increases in organic performance and traffic for large ecommerce brands.
As the perfect candidate, you understand how search engines crawl the web, and are comfortable
using SEO software to mimic bot behavior, diagnose problems with internal architecture, and
provide relevant and impactful recommendations. You have a deeply analytical mind, are at ease
with crunching large numbers.
This role is a perfect fit for a strategic problem solver who sees the big picture. Our ideal
candidate excels when working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, where ability to communicate
effectively, influence cross-functional partners, and break down complex SEO concepts into easily
understood bites is essential to success.
If this sounds like you - we’d love to meet you! The role is based in Toronto and reports to the
central Global Growth team at eCG. While embedded within the local product, tech and marketing
teams, you'll collaborate with your global eCG counterparts on developing and testing SEO
initiatives, and scaling winners in Canada.
- 5-6 years of SEO / SEM experience
- Strong technical SEO background
- E-commerce or marketplaces product experience preferred
- Growth mentality and a burning desire to own your domain and your work
- Customer-centric approach, and ability to consider multiple perspectives
- Intimate knowledge of data analytics and SEO tools, such as Google Analytics, Google Search Console, Botify, Moz, Screaming Frog, SEMrush, AHREFs
- English proficiency, excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to articulate complex technical concepts for diverse audiences
- A natural collaborator, able to align across multiple functions, and drive SEO projects concept-to-delivery
- Ability to distill long-term vision into short and long-term action items, roadmaps and
- Define SEO product roadmap and lead execution
- Work closely with product, engineering, and marketing teams to find opportunities, design, prioritize and implement SEO changes
- Own improvements around site architecture, crawl optimization, internal linking, URL structures, meta data, structured data, as well as content strategy
- Educate product and tech teams about SEO, ensuring that SEO is top of mind at all stages of product development
- End-to-end management of SEO process and ownership of outcomes: from concept design, opportunity sizing and pitching to producing detailed technical requirements, QA, measurement and communication of results
- Perform technical audits and discoveries, diagnose issues, monitor Search trends and competitive landscape
- Provide regular reports and updates to management
Benefits are a crucial part of total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re
single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and
competitive benefit programs to meet your needs, including maternal & paternal leave, paid
sabbatical, and plans to help ensure your financial security today and in the years ahead.
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are
unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability,
please contact us at [email protected] We will make every effort to respond to your request for
disability assistance as soon as possible.
People are the heart of the eBay Classifieds business, and their health and well-being are our first priority. We continue to monitor local government guidance and partner closely with medical advisors to determine the safest and best next steps for everyone. As a result, most teams are working remotely, with a few teams able to collaborate in person with enhanced safety procedures. We will discuss the particular case for your region during the interview process. As a general rule, interviews will be completed remotely over video calls.
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at [email protected]. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.