eBay is a global commerce leader that allows you to shape how the world buys, sells, and gives. You’ll be involved in a work culture that’s been genuinely committed to diversity and inclusion since its founding more than 20 years ago. Here, you can just be yourself, do your best work, and have a significant impact on people across the globe. We are looking for people with drive, ideas, and a passion for serving small businesses succeed to help shape the future of eBay—does this sound like you? If so, we’d love to talk to you.
About the team:
At the core of everything we do, we ensure that eBay’s customers are front-and-center in all our strategic decisions and that we execute our plans with our customers as our most important priority. The team is comprised of Global Customer Service (GCX), Global Trust, and Global Security and Resiliency organizations, and our Workplace Resources (WPR) function – responsible for eBay’s facilities around the world.
Incident Analysts own the end-to-end process of monitoring, triaging, troubleshooting, recovery, and root cause analysis of system issues and bugs experienced by customer facing Teammates and Customers across Site and teammate Tools. Provide technical assistance in identifying, evaluating, and developing solutions to the issues.
Collaborating with CPT, OCIO, and Site Ops teams to identify processes, procedures, and technical changes to address instability and/or limit re occurrence of major incidents. Develop monitoring, processes, and procedures to proactively identify potential incidents to reduce impact to customers and teammates through sophisticated and accelerated remediation efforts. Lead major incident calls, identify key members to activate for resolution during such incidents.
Evaluate/report on overall impact of issues and outstanding bugs impacting Teammates and Customers to senior leaders. Serve to represent post launch and production support needs for key projects during design/development/release stages. May provide consultation to users in the area of systems. May lead multi-functional linked teams to address business or system issues.
- Application Monitoring experience within a NOC environment is a required
- Identification of trends or issues and initiating Sev calls to facilitate resolution of issues
- Active participation in Sev calls to interact with impacted teammates and provide additional information to technical resources
- Alert and advise impacted teams on a regular interval
- Perform primary impact analysis
- Initial troubleshooting and proactive resolution
- Service provider engagement during incidents
- L1 Helpdesk duties, which include reviewing and advancing teammate submissions of issues and bugs
- Coverage as part of a 24/7 global team
- Demonstrable experience and knowledge with ITIL
- Must be located in Salt Lake City
- Swing shift with weekend work may be required
- Proven technical background and experience in application/Software Monitoring, System Administration (Linux) and API integration is required.
- Experience working in a large-scale NOC Environment
- Ability to form strong working relationships
- Strong conflict management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with a global support mSelf starter - able to work using own initiative with minimal direction to meet core objectives
- Good technical capability for understanding numerous sophisticated software integrations across applications platform in order to facilitate quick resolutions
- BSEE, CS or other relevant technical degree required.
- 2+ years experience working within a help desk/incident management role
- Proven ability with system operations or support including Windows, Telecom, Desktop Technologies (Siebel, DotNet) Packaged solutions (Nice, Aspect, Kronos) Networking and Firewall, Citrix
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs. Including maternal & paternal leave, paid sabbatical, and plans to help ensure your financial security today and in the years ahead because we know feeling financially secure during your working years and through retirement is important.
Here at eBay, we love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about eBay’s Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/company/diversity-inclusion/
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at [email protected] We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: EEO is the Law Poster and EEO is the Law Poster Supplement