eBay Inc. is a global commerce leader that connects millions of buyers and sellers around the globe. We exist to enable economic opportunity for individuals, entrepreneurs, businesses and organizations of all sizes. eBay Marketplaces operates in 190 markets around the world.
About the Team:
At the core of everything we do, we ensure that eBay’s customers are front-and-center. Our customers are in all our strategic decisions, and we execute our plans with our customers as our most important priority. The team is comprised of Global Customer Service (GCX), Global Trust, and Global Security and Resiliency organizations, and our Workplace Resources (WPR) function – responsible for eBay’s facilities around the world.
Reporting to the Director Transportation, you will own & drive the operations of eBay’s various shipping programs – both domestic and international. Your efforts will be focused on understanding, reporting, monitoring and improving operational metrics and ultimately the service we provide our customers. To do so you will need to partner internally with various stakeholders, externally with eBay operations partners and transportation carrier partners like UPS, Fedex USPS, regional providers and disruptors. Additionally, you will be working with warehouse partners, airlines and freight forwarders. The right person for this role is a supply chain oriented, transportation person. A self-motivated problem solver finding ways to proactively lead a sophisticated network of carrier operations to ensure timely pickup, on-time delivery and exception management. Along the way you can help us build the right systems, tools and processes while working with analytics partners to ingest, mine and use data efficiently. This individual will identify continuous improvement opportunities while partnering with cross functional internal and external partners including shipping providers, finance, accounting, product development and product management to champion opportunities.
What you will do:
- Own the daily operations of all eBay shipping programs focusing on cost and performance metrics
- Identify gaps in performance, then build and communicate operating plans to optimize operations
- Identify operational ways to optimize cost, accuracy and speed of all shipping services available to our customers.
- Perform detailed analysis as needed to help uncover root causes of shipping issues
- Lead weekly calls with carrier operations to communicate expectations and hold carriers responsible to eBay SLAs
- Partner with external shipping and logistics suppliers to be the Voice of eBay and our customers in all non-asset, third party owned and managed transportation solutions.
- Support eBay internal organization with communication, prioritization, and perspective with external shipping and logistics suppliers.
- Manage and report on goals / metrics to reduce bad experiences for customers (like missed SLA’s).
- Maintain highest ethical integrity working with external third-party suppliers.
- Find innovative solutions to problems with challenging cross-functional dependencies.
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs. Including maternal & paternal leave, paid sabbatical, and plans to help ensure your financial security today and in the years ahead because we know feeling financially secure during your working years and through retirement is important.
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/company/diversity-inclusion/
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at [email protected] We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: EEO is the Law Poster and EEO is the Law Poster Supplement