Add an annual turnover of $24 billion to a rental and leasing fleet of over 1.9 million vehicles spread across over 10,000 locations worldwide and you get Enterprise Rent-A-Car – a business that’s grown into the largest global mobility provider in the world.
Enterprise’s internships give you the chance to get ahead in the job market - but don’t just take our word for it; our interns have been voted Best Intern of the Year at the National Undergraduate Employability Awards twice. It’s learning by doing, not by getting coffee all day. From winning regular awards to being a Top 50 Place for Women to Work for 13 years running, it’s no surprise that we were also voted the Graduate Employer of the Year in 2013 and 2016.
We are very excited to announce the opening for an intern to sit within our IT Business Management Department. This internship is designed to give you the knowledge, skills and experience you need to work in a range of roles, focusing on business finance.
IT Business Management holds a high level view of European IT's commercial operations and works to identify efficiencies, present opportunities for financial safeguarding and highlight commercial risk. In addition, the team also manages the performance of our strategic external suppliers
The functions of IT Business Management include finance management and subsequent expense analysis for the operations of European IT. This includes management of EU IT Forecasts and the introduction of new expense management initiatives, cost controls and accounting processes for a variety of pan-European and global IT projects.
The team also covers areas of IT contract management, ensuring effective contract management to achieve the maximum value from our supplier agreements.
Vendor management also forms a part of the IT Business Management department’s responsibilities. This role will therefore participate in our supplier service reviews to have visibility to and analyse financial and contractual elements of our strategic supplier engagements, also assisting in the assessment of any commercial risk.
As a part of this team you will liaise with our Business, acting as a key Business partner in identifying commercial efficiencies and value optimising proposals, focusing on the team’s key objectives of maximising the value of our spend, our supplier engagements and overall commercial operations.
EU IT Business Management also interacts with a variety of European departments across the company in working to achieve these objectives. These include IT, Business Management, Legal, Procurement, Operations and Rental, in addition to working very closely with our external IT suppliers. As the team forms a part of Global IT, this role also works directly with US IT and US Business Management, providing both visibility and exposure to a range of areas across the Business globally.
The role is based at Enterprise Holdings' European Head Office in Egham, Surrey.
- Assistance in the review of monthly Financial Statements,
- Involvement in European IT Income Statement analysis.
- Completion of Balance Sheet schedule reconciliations and subsequent expense investigations.
- Review of monthly accounting entries, ensuring appropriate general ledger coding and cost centre accuracy, carrying out amendments where required.
- Assisting the Accounts Payable function by taking ownership of IT Supplier statements, chasing appropriate authorisation of their invoices, coding these in accordance with our Chart of Accounts and passing these to be processed for payment.
- Completion of on-going supplier statement invoice reconciliations.
- Preparation and submission of IT Journal entries.
- Issuing and tracking Purchase Orders for European IT expenses.
- Assistance in ensuring all EU IT expense queries are resolved, by working with a range of both internal and external teams.
- Management of IT prepaid schedule, ensuring costs are expensed correctly and in accordance to the latest accounting policies.
- Assistance in reviewing EU IT contracts, and collaboration with a range of teams to ensure maximum value is realised from these agreements.
- Participation in external vendor Service Reviews, feeding back on various commercial elements of our supplier engagements during meetings.
- Involvement in various ad-hoc IT and Business projects.
- Must be a current undergraduate university student looking to undertake a placement year as part of your course (any discipline)
- Must have a strong work ethic and can-do approach to problem solving
- Strong belief in the team ethic
- Customer Service experience
- Strong research and analytical skills are a must
- Excellent telephone and general communication skills are essential
Please do let us know about any accommodations you may need to participate in the recruitment process; contact our Talent Acquisition Manager, Samantha Meredith.
- Application Deadline: 19th April 2019 (this is subject to change, early applications are encouraged)
- Assessment Centre Date: 16th May 2019 (this date it fixed)
- Hours: 40 per week
- Salary: £17,100 per annum
We accept applications for our Placement Programme from undergraduate university students that are due to take undertake a placement year starting summer 2019, regardless of university attended and subjects being studied. Our assessment is based on how you perform against the competencies that are required for your role.
How to apply
We take great care in our recruitment process to find the ideal candidate. But it’s not all about us; we want you to have the chance to find out what we’re all about.
The first step is our application form, which takes about 30 minutes to complete. As well as telling us lots about you, it helps us identify the kind of competencies in you that we look for in our placement students.
If your application is successful one of our Recruitment team will be in contact to arrange a competency-based telephone interview.
Finally, you will be invited to attend our assessment day. Through the day, you’ll tackle a number of exercises designed around life at Enterprise. Don’t worry – it’s not too formal and most of our applicants agree it’s a great platform for you to shine. It’s also a chance to meet some of the people you’ll be working with as well as our current placement students.