The Information Technology (I.T.) division of Enterprise Holdings builds and implements powerful solutions that help to drive and support the global operations of our brands and businesses, including Alamo Rent A Car, Enterprise Rent-A-Car and National Car Rental. With over 10,000 branch locations across the world and more than 100,000 employees, Enterprise Holdings and its affiliates own and operate 2 million cars and trucks.
Here, you will be part of a team that creates and delivers leading-edge technologies and expansive systems that impact every aspect of our growing businesses. We provide the resources to enable and develop our I.T. professionals in a variety of career paths. This is where it all starts. All systems GO!
When systems go down our customers are impacted. The Network Operations Center (NOC) is a team of exceptional network engineers who keep their fingers on the pulse of EHI IT systems worldwide. We provide immediate response, support and leadership in returning our systems to operation - fast. Premier tools, processes, training, and teamwork allow us to provide the critical support our internal and external customers deserve.
This can be a home based role working five days per week including Saturday and Sunday. The hours are 6am to 3pm, 40 hours a week. During the initial training period there is an expectation of at least three days a week at the Egham offices for the first 90 days.
About The Location
The head office for our European operations is UK99, located in Egham, just 20 miles from Central London. We are just off the M25 and A30 but also a five minute walk away from Egham train station. Our office building has a stylish, contemporary flair and open workspaces for our growing workforce of more than 500 employees with ample parking onsite. Just a five minute walk and you can be on Egham High Street, surrounded by local shops and restaurants.
You will be responsible for providing front line fix (tier 1 and 2)for the organization's global data center networks. You will troubleshoot network infrastructure problems and provide network expertise to assist in the troubleshooting of server and application problems. You will support routing, switching, load balancing, firewalls, and wireless technologies across a variety of network platforms. Core duties include accepting incoming work through various support channels then triaging, diagnosing and remediating the issue. You will be challenged to investigate and resolve pervasive or chronic issues negatively affect the computing environment. Candidates must possess deep analytical and problem-solving skills and the ability to present findings and recommendations in a summarised format to various levels of management.
Direct experience with Cisco ACI, F5 load balancers, and Palo Alto firewalls is preferred. Experience using management tools such as Infoblox NetMRI, Splunk, and Wireshark is a plus. Candidates must be able to perform packet captures and draw conclusions from the data. You will routinely work with peer support teams and service providers to quickly resolve complex networking problems and restore service to our customers.
- Must be committed to incorporating security into all decisions and daily job responsibilities
- Experience in Network Engineering supporting large, complex environments
- Demonstrated excellence in troubleshooting and resolution of network issues
- Proven expertise with performing network captures and packet decodes
- At least a (CCNA) Cisco Certified Network Associate level of understanding
- Experience scripting with Python, Perl, VBA, RegX or similar
- Must have displayed leadership and team centric skills
- Demonstrated excellence in communicating, in both written and verbal formats
- Possess the ability to work in a fast-paced environment, absorb large amounts of information in short periods of time and multi-task effectively.
- An ability to understand the importance of customer experience and service awareness
Nice to have:
- Direct experience with Cisco ACI, F5 ADC’s, Palo Alto Firewall
- Possess industry-standard certifications such as Cisco CCNA/CCNP/CCIE
- Service Centric accreditation – ITIL
- Experience troubleshooting DNS and DHCP issues
- Experience managing large and complex assignments
Please let us know about any accommodations you may need to participate in the recruitment process.
The role is based at our European Head Office in Egham, Surrey, TW20 9FB.
- Hours: 40 per week
- Salary: Competitive
At Enterprise Rent-A-Car we will consider requests for flexible working on hiring. For most roles, the following types of flexibility are usually possible: flexible hours, an element of working from home, compressed hours.
How to Apply
We take great care in our recruitment process to find the ideal candidate. It’s not all about us, we want you to have the chance to find out what we’re all about.
- The first step is our application form, which takes about 30 minutes to complete. As well as telling us lots about you, it helps us identify the kind of competencies that we look for in our Software Engineers.
- If your application is successful one of our Talent Acquisition team will be in contact to arrange a competency based telephone interview.
- Finally you will be invited to attend an interview with the hiring manager and you have the chance to meet the team.