The Information Technology (I.T.) division of Enterprise Holdings builds and implements powerful solutions that help to drive and support the global operations of our brands and businesses. We listen to our teams which enable us to create the leading-edge technology to support and maintain our network of more than 10,000 locations worldwide. You can have access to the latest tools and software, an opportunity to build a unique skill set and flexibility to pave your own career path. Ready to get started? Hit the apply button!
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Software Engineer to join the European Application Development Team covering European Operations, on a permanent basis, based at our Corporate Head Office in Egham, Surrey.
This role offers the chance to contribute to a growing and dynamic global software development department, delivering bespoke and customised cutting edge solutions to a global user base.
This role will provide the right candidate with an opportunity to take technical ownership and contribute to the development of our booking web applications and SOA / middleware applications. The successful candidate will have ample opportunity to utilise and develop their software skills, increase knowledge of industry recognised tools and methodologies such as Angular, VSTS, Visual Studio, Jira, SpecFlow, Selenium, SQL Server, Azure whilst working in an experienced and innovative Agile software development team. The candidate will play a key role in the department helping with defining and implementing best practices and methodologies.
- Lead design sessions with peers and architects ensuring appropriate design documentation is in place
- Analyse requirements for upcoming projects/changes with the Product Management team to determine feasibility of implementation within time and resource constraints
- Uses a broad range of expertise, knowledge, and skills to resolve a wide range of complex issues; contribute to the development of company objectives and principles to achieve goals in creative and effective ways.
- Present design proposals to architects, leadership, and business for critical review.
- Deliver simple and complex software solutions using Microsoft Visual Studio .Net (primarily C#) that satisfy business requirements and in accordance with endorsed design independently as well as part of a team.
- Provide technical leadership around project planning, sprint planning and coordination of technical work during implementation.
- Provide instruction and guidance to less senior team members on technical tasks and ensure delivery deadlines are met
- Develop unit tests and other appropriate developer test harnesses; coach team members in this discipline
- Promote and monitor the execution of unit and integration testing on project teams, and how this aligns with Continuous Integration processes
- Input to non-functional requirements such as application performance, accessibility and security as well as planning and execution for business-critical applications.
- Schedule and present own code at code reviews as well as acting as key contributor in others’ code reviews
- Monitor local development builds, application integration builds and code merges to ensure appropriate practices are being followed; ensure orderly promotion of applications to quality assurance and/or production environments
- Utilise broad knowledge of web application development and technologies to resolve a wide range of complex issues
- Provide escalation assistance to less senior team members and support teams when facing operational problems; recommend potential solutions and facilitate to resolution
- Define, develop, communicate, and implement technical standards, processes, and procedures for the team; coach others in these as required
- Maintain release documentation for application modifications and updates in support of audit checks
- Informally and formally coach and mentor less senior team members; participate in providing performance feedback to team members
- Work closely with business representatives and cross-functional teams in the UK, the US and Europe to continually determine and validate direction of developed solutions
- Assist with implementation of task automation and process improvements; recommend enhancements that result in increased quality and efficiency
- Protect our customers, our employees, and our brands by incorporating security and compliance in all decisions and daily job responsibilities; follow security policies and procedures; continuously identify and recommend opportunities for improving
- Depth and experience in developing solutions on the Microsoft development stack
- Understanding of IIS 7.0 and SQL Server
- Highly experienced with an in-depth understanding of C#, .NET 4.5(+), SOLID principles, SOAP, XML, MVC 5, LinQ, JQuery, CCS, Bootstrap, Entity Framework 6 (using code first), mocking frameworks, RESTful services, caching methodologies and experience in Spec flow and Selenium. Experience in Angular would be an advantage
- Designing and creating reusable components with an appreciation for creating SOA
- Creating and maintaining NuGet packages
- Working experience with Azure, Visual Studio Team Services, Release Management and PowerShell scripting or similar is advantageous.
- Strong UI skills in developing web applications
- Experience working in a fast-paced Agile development environment as part of a cross-functional team that is working with a TDD and BDD approach
- Experience in technical ownership of product portfolios would be advantageous
Please let us know about any accommodations you may need to participate in the recruitment process.
The role is based at our European Head Office in Egham, Surrey, TW20 9FB.
- Hours: 40 per week
- Salary: Competitive
At Enterprise Rent-A-Car we will consider requests for flexible working on hiring. For most roles, the following types of flexibility are usually possible: flexible hours, an element of working from home, compressed hours.
About the Location
The head office for our European operations is located in the Egham, just 20 miles from London. We are just off the M25 and A30 but also a five minute walk away from Egham train station. Our office building has a stylish, contemporary flair and open workspaces for our growing workforce of more than 500 employees with ample parking onsite. Just a five minute walk and you can be on Egham High Street, surrounded by local shops and restaurants.
How to Apply
We take great care in our recruitment process to find the ideal candidate. It’s not all about us, we want you to have the chance to find out what we’re all about.
- The first step is our application form, which takes about 30 minutes to complete. As well as telling us lots about you, it helps us identify the kind of competencies that we look for in our Software Engineers.
- If your application is successful one of our Talent Acquisition team will be in contact to arrange a technical based telephone interview.
- Finally you will be invited to attend an interview with the hiring manager and you have the chance to meet the team.