- Advise senior clients across all sectors, supporting key decision makers in developing and executing strategies for transactions.
- Sell, run and deliver different types of engagements, including pre-deal (e.g. operational and IT due diligence, carve-out planning), post-deal (e.g. integration planning, synergy tracking) and restructuring (e.g. rapid cost reduction).
- Lead blended project teams comprising colleagues from our transactions and advisory practices.
- Lead complex engagements, including commercials, resourcing and risk.
- Lead on business origination, including use of networks and delivery of pitches and presentations to senior clients.
- Lead on practice development initiatives and training programmes, supporting the continued focus on our team as a great place to work.
- Act as a role model and support development of junior team members, coupled with the recruitment and training responsibilities.
- Learn and develop technical and personal skills to support achievement of career goals, through a blend of structured learning, coaching and experiences.
- Professional services / consulting;
- Transactions: ideally due diligence, carve-out or integrations experience; and
- Broad knowledge and deep understanding of a typical IT function, including enterprise architecture, strategy, governance, systems integration, application development, service delivery and infrastructure.
- Adept at building strong working relationships with senior clients, including influence, advice and support to key decision makers.
- Demonstrated aptitude for quantitative and qualitative analysis.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience of delivering high-quality reports and presentations.
- Experience of leading large, complex, global delivery programmes.
- Strong team leadership skills, particularly teams with diverse skills and backgrounds, coupled with the ability to lead and develop juniors.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Experience leading practice development initiatives and training programmes.
- Track record in business development, with strong external networks.
- Ability to act as an inspiring leader in a particular sector / industry.
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.