As an important part of our ambition in digital , the Digital Fast Forward team at EY is looking to better understand how our users and partners interact with our digital presence – both internally and on external platforms. This is a newly created role and the successful candidate will be based in either the UK (London), the Netherlands or the US (NYC/NJ).
Your key responsibilities
In this role, you are responsible for providing actionable insights on how to explicitly improve the content and experience after interpreting the relevant audience data. The goal of this role is to develop a deeper understanding of the digital user experience, primarily on EY.com, how our clients and partners interact with our digital presence, and deliver data insights that can be translated into action.
This person helps set and document the vision for the user experience, serving as an advocate to ensure the highest level of engagement and relevancy. This is done by planning and delivering impactful studies/tests that facilitate the evolution or our digital experience. They design and execute usability studies and other user research, utilizing their broad knowledge of user experience, quantitative analysis and methodological expertise. As the project evolves, the person will conduct user testing and other user-facing activities to validate the design, interaction and content. Individuals in this role must be user-focused, analytical, and have strong verbal and written communication skills. In addition, this person must be able to work in a team environment in order to share information and collaborate on solutions.
Skills and attributes for success
- Deep experience with user behaviour analysis, website analytics and user testing, and the ability to communicate results verbally and visually.
- A strong team player, comfortable working collaboratively, virtually and independently.
- Excellent communication and networking skills – able to effectively manage and influence senior leaders as well as a broad range of internal and client facing professionals.
- Ability to work in a high pace, agile environment.
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines, managing multiple priorities effectively.
- Ability to synthesize complex information into simple, high impact messages.
To qualify for the role you must have
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Factors, Cognitive Psychology, Analytics, Statistics or related field. Or equivalent work experience.
- Experience in conducting user experience research using a wide variety of research methods with experience in large-scale online industry applications or services.
- Demonstrated success at developing creative and comprehensive research strategies to reveal unforeseen opportunities and issues that have a significant impact on product strategy and design.
Example: High level of influencing and networking skills. Ability to challenge views/perspectives while securing buy-in within BMC (Brand, Marketing and Communications) and beyond. Experience with the use of a variety of digital channels to deliver initiatives to targeted buyers.
What we look for
We’re looking for a self-starter with a “can do” attitude and the drive and enthusiasm to get the job done, who demonstrates the potential to develop within the organization.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.