Opening Date: 18th May 2020
Closing Date: 16th June 2020
Multiple roles available
As a Consultant, Advisory - Risk, SOX / ICFR, your key role will be to undertake engagements in the SOX/ICFR space, reporting to Senior Consultants, Managers and Senior Managers. You can expect to work with high level client personnel on large scale client engagements and drive high-quality work products within expected timeframes and on budget. You will develop and maintain long-term client relationships and networks and help generate new business.
Your key responsibilities
You will join the Business Risk Services team in our Risk practice. You will be responsible for taking ownership of your projects, delivering high quality results, delivering on time and to budget.
- Deliver client engagements and internal projects
- Support proposals and bid teams
- Develop your industry profile and that of the team through publications, events, briefings
- Support team strategy implementation, marketing and sales
- Monitor client engagement budgets
- Contribute to a positive team environment by demonstrating consistent commitment and optimism toward work challenges.
Request performance reviews and obtain performance feedback.
Skills and attributes for success
- Experience of providing clients with advice and input to the business on control and risk issues e.g. SOX controls remediation
- Good project management skills to ensure engagements deliver on time and to budget
- Deep understanding of core financial business processes, the associated risks and leading practice controls
- Track record of testing strategies to assess the design and effectiveness of the controls
- Ability to engage with stakeholders and manage cross functional projects
- Ability to manage multiple stakeholder communities with varying levels of experience
- Demonstrate business acumen - compile information quickly and accurately, testing data and assumptions
- Familiar with the quality and risk management and financial management requirements of managing projects
- Real time, data driven assurance
- Financial process and accounting knowledge
- Process mapping, walkthroughs and risk analysis (financial, operation, compliance)
- Control identification and design assessment
- SOX regulatory requirements and Global methodology
- Innovation in internal audit and SOX compliance – methods, tools and platforms
To qualify for the role you must have
- Experience performing SOX compliance testing for a global organisation
- A chartered or certified accountancy qualification
- A clear understanding of COSO, PCAOB and SEC requirements in relation to SOX compliance
- Audit experience gained from a Big 4 professional services firm
- US GAAP and/or IFRS accounting knowledge
Ideally, you’ll also have
- A good level of self-awareness when dealing with others and able to adapt own approach based on differences in individual style and backgrounds, recognising the risk of unconscious biases.
- Understanding of EY and its service lines, actively assessing what the firm can deliver to serve clients
What we look for
Core consulting skills- Advanced data & evidence management, client management on remediation programmes, driving innovation & continuous improvement
Technical skills- Strong technical insight, practical knowledge and specialist capability
Versatility- Proven ability to adapt and learn in an innovative environment
We are interested to hear from people with the right attitude for the job! That’s naturally entrepreneurial people who feed on the energy of a thriving global team. You will have a high level of drive, commitment to achieving solutions, and ability to work under pressure. There is an expectation to be able to travel outside of the assigned office at least 50% of the time, including UK regional and international travel.
What working at EY offers
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.