We are creating a collection team in a shared services office, to support collection activity at a firm level. The role will manage client collection activity across UK, incorporating all services lines across the business. This role is key to the business cash performance with primary focus on driving timely payments and early escalation of known delays. This is a great opportunity to enhance the collection function and provide client collection support in your role, as a trusted business advisor. It is a proactive, solution driven and challenging role working alongside other finance teams.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Collecting accounts receivable balances for selected portfolio of clients, at firm level, by taking ownership of collection activity & client payment performance
- A key objective would be to maximise cash for the business
- Building external client relationships to understand client payment behaviours & methods, client approvals & internal processes
- Engaging with client facing teams to support collection activities
- Identifying collection blockages or delays and escalating disputes to specialist collection team
- Maintaining client information data to support lessons learned
- Dealing with incoming internal & external customer queries
- Achieve set monthly call and cash targets
- Minimise bad debts
- Keeping a detailed record of collection activities
Skills and Attributes for Success:
- At least 2 years previous experience in Credit Control
- Confident, with a proven ability to challenge appropriately at all levels
- Ability to balance multiple priorities by considering risk, importance and level of urgency
- Ability to adapt or flex the style, as necessary
- Demonstrate a solution driven mind-set
- Commercial awareness
- Strong communication skills
- Good team player
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
· Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
· Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
· The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
Prior to finalizing your application, you will be asked to provide personal information across several dimensions of diversity and inclusiveness. The information you provide is kept entirely confidential and will not be used to evaluate your candidacy. We collect this data to help us analyse our recruitment process holistically and implement actions that promote diversity and inclusiveness. While optional, we encourage you to provide this information to hold us accountable towards our goal of building a better working world. Read more about our commitment to diversity & inclusiveness here. We ask because it matters!
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.