Technology has always been at the heart of what we do and deliver at EY. We need technology to keep an organization the size of ours working efficiently. We have 250,000 people in more than 140 countries, all of whom rely on secure technology to be able to do their job every single day. Everything from the laptops we use, to the ability to work remotely on our mobile devices and connecting our people and our clients, to enabling hundreds of internal tools and external solutions delivered to our clients. Technology solutions are integrated in the client services we deliver and is key to us being more innovative as an organization.
EY Technology supports our technology needs through three business units:
Client Technology (CT) - focuses on developing new technology services for our clients. It enables EY to identify new technology-based opportunities faster, and pursue those opportunities more rapidly.
Enterprise Technology (ET) – ET supports our Core Business Services functions and will deliver fit-for-purpose technology infrastructure at the cheapest possible cost for quality services. ET will also support our internal technology needs by focusing on a better user experience.
Information Security (Info Sec) - Info Sec prevents, detects, responds and mitigates cyber-risk, protecting EY and client data, and our information management systems.
- To work in the Microsoft Teams Product Group who are accountable for Meetings and Audio Conferencing and other collaboration services
- Supports or directs management of all financial aspects of the product including annual budgeting, invoice checking and signoff, analyse the financial impact of service and support model changes, manage risks and opportunities. This includes monthly financial review of centrally managed P&L and advising and consulting local business contacts on service cost and investments.
- Partners with other Product Managers within EUTX and to align product roadmaps and service and optimize overall user experience.
- Supports or directs the product strategy and long term roadmap utilizing resources in the Architecture and Experience team.
- Supports or directs first of a kind delivery projects utilizing resources from the GDS service delivery team.
- Manages the vendor(s) and internal teams that support the product to provide optimal service
Your key responsibilities
- Reporting and analytics
- Product development and service roadmap
- Working with financial budgets
- Demonstrate performance of the product
- Vendor management
Skills and attributes for success
- Motivated by attention to detail, looking for trends and enjoys reporting findings to others
- History of working credibly with senior stakeholders
- Adapts personal communication style to the style of others, develops rapport and stays calm under pressure or escalating issues using advanced oral and written English communication skills.
- Strong verbal and written skills including strong cross-cultural communication and the ability to draft effective communications
- Proven financial management experience
- Proven experience in Service Delivery
To qualify for the role you must have
- Demonstrable experience in a client facing environment
- Expertise in various reporting and financial management tools, i.e PowerBi, Access etc
- Attention to detail
- Presentation skills
- Strategic awareness of how our products deliver value to the firm
What we look for
As we move into the next phase of service delivery in Meetings tools, this role will be accountable for embedding the service to all member firms, ensuring services effectively rolled out, define best practice and ensure the best end user experience possible
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
• Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
• Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
• The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.