Extended Assurance - Internal Audit (with IT experience) Senior / Assistant Manager - Financial Services – Edinburgh or Glasgow
Our Internal Audit team aims to provide confidence to our clients and their stakeholders through the rigorous independent assessment of process and controls. This is done through the appropriate use of assurance skills, robust audit and other methodologies coupled with industry insight in the Financial Services market.
We are in the process of building out our Internal Audit Technology capabilities so are currently are looking for driven professionals with a strong background in Financial Services and either IT Audit or Data Analytics. Candidates should have experience of working in assurance, risk and / or controls projects either as an internal auditor / advisor at a professional service firm and / or within an Internal Audit function within industry.
This is a fantastic opportunity to get involved in several transformation projects, infusing data analytics techniques into Internal Audit functions and joining a growing team with an entrepreneurial spirit.
Your key responsibilities
If successful, you will be expected to secure and enhance relationships with senior client management (including Heads of Internal Audit and Audit Committee Chairs). We will expect you to manage day to day client relationships whilst delivering value to the client by providing insightful knowledge into business improvement. You will be a trusted advisor to Partners and Directors, identifying new business opportunities and building upon existing client networks. We will expect you to contribute to writing Thought Leadership articles, people initiatives and to manage engagement economics and be the subject matter expert on Technology Risk related matters for the internal teams.
Join us and you'll work on challenging projects and accelerate your career within an international and supportive team. You'll also be introduced to career challenges that will take you into exciting new professional territory.
Your goal will be to help clients achieve their potential - and you can expect to do the same. As part of a supportive team, you'll have every opportunity to progress and build knowledge that will make a difference to your entire career.
Skills and attributes for success;
- Desire to build / develop a career in assisting financial services clients with technology controls assessments / improvements, including the provision of either a formal (assurance) or informal (findings & recommendations) opinion.
- Ability to lead teams and deliver our solutions to meet client needs, preferably demonstrated in a professional services environment.
- Intellectual rigor / flexibility to rapidly understand complex problems and rationalise these into a workable solution which can then be delivered.
- Ability to operate with stakeholders / manage projects which potentially span all functions within client organisations.
- High level of drive, commitment to achieving solutions and ability to work and lead under pressure in an entrepreneurial environment
To qualify for the role, you must have
- Depth of experience in one or more of the following:
- Banking & Capital Markets
- Wealth & Asset Management
- Experience of internal audit and review/assessment of internal controls and processes
- Knowledge of business process, operational process and process analysis
- Excellent stakeholder management skills with the ability to communicate technical recommendations clearly and effectively
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Foundational understanding of Technology risk with a desire to get immersed in modern digital services in Financial Services
- Qualification/certification in Internal Audit, Technology Risk, Data Science/Analytics or equivalent
- A track record with a blue-chip company in the Financial Services industry or professional services firm would be preferable
- Experience with programming languages and an understanding of Machine Learning techniques
- Experience with Cloud, Cyber, GDPR to understand the implications for Technology Risk
We are looking for individuals who are highly motivated, professional and passionate about what they do. We want individuals who will further add to the continued success of our Insurance Risk Advisory Practice.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.