Our Internal Audit team aims to provide confidence to our clients and their stakeholders through the rigorous independent assessment of process and controls. This is done through the appropriate use of assurance skills, robust audit and other methodologies coupled with industry insight in the Financial Services market.
We are in the process of building our ever-growing Internal Audit practice and are looking for driven professionals with a strong background in Financial Services Internal Audit.
Candidates should have experience of working in assurance, risk and / or controls projects either as an internal auditor / advisor at a professional service firm and / or within an Internal Audit function within industry.
In addition, disruptive technology is driving a need to focus even more on how technology supports, underpins, and disrupts the way in which an organisation operates. As a result, we are looking for individuals who also possess strong IT Audit skills to complement our integrated Internal Audit team.
If successful, you will be expected to secure and enhance relationships with senior client management (including Heads of Internal Audit, Heads of IT Internal Audit, and Audit Committee Chairs). We will expect you to manage day to day client relationships whilst delivering value to the client by providing insightful knowledge into business and technology improvement. You will be seen as a trusted advisor to Partners and Directors, identifying new business opportunities and building upon existing client networks. We will expect you to contribute to writing Thought Leadership articles, people initiatives and to manage engagement economics.
Join us and you'll work on challenging projects and accelerate your career within an international and supportive team. You'll also be introduced to career challenges that will take you into exciting new professional territory.
Your goal will be to help clients achieve their potential - and you can expect to do the same. As part of a supportive team, you'll have every opportunity to progress and build knowledge that will make a difference to your entire career.
Skills and attributes for success;
- Desire to build / develop a career in assisting financial services clients with controls assessments / improvements, including the provision of either a formal (assurance) or informal (findings & recommendations) opinion.
- Ability to lead teams and deliver our solutions to meet client needs, preferably demonstrated in a professional services environment.
- Intellectual rigor / flexibility to rapidly understand complex problems and rationalise these into a workable solution which can then be delivered.
- Ability to operate with stakeholders / manage projects which potentially span all functions within client organisations.
- High level of drive, commitment to achieving solutions and ability to work and lead under pressure.
· CISA, CISM, CRISC, CGEIT ISACA qualifications or equivalent
· A working understanding of ITIL, COBIT 5 and their applications to an IT control environment
· Depth of experience in Banking & Capital Markets, Wealth & Asset Management or Insurance
· Knowledge of business process, operational process and process analysis
· Practical experience of regulatory topics including Prudential Reporting, Structural Reform; new internal audit innovation; and/or Business audit skills
· Experience of IT topics including information security (including access security, cyber security), data governance and management and cloud computing.
· Experience of presenting to both internal and external audiences
· Demonstrable track record of originating and executing relevant internal audit work, including experience of leading both core business and IT internal audit and internal controls (including Sarbanes Oxley) reviews
· Track record of successfully pitching for business, identifying and anticipating commercial opportunities, with the ability to build and develop a strong client portfolio through existing and new relationships to converting networking activity into delivery of revenue
· Strong stakeholder management skills
· A track record with a blue chip company in the Financial Services industry or professional services firm would be preferable
· Experience with programming languages such as Python, R or SQL
· An understanding of Machine Learning techniques
· PRINCE2 qualification or equivalent
We are looking for individuals who are highly motivated, professional and passionate about what they do. We want individuals who will further add to the continued success of our Internal Audit practice.
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.