EY’s global centre of expertise for Insurance Premium Tax (IPT) is based in the UK and controls and coordinates the delivery of IPT services around the world, providing clients with a global single-point-of-contact for governance and control of all IPT matters. The team is supported by our global network of dedicated IPT professionals in more than 150 countries where transactional taxes are levied on premiums (including VAT, GST, WHT, and other parafiscal charges).
Our IPT professionals provide pragmatic commercial help to insurers, brokers and multinational policyholders so they can improve their day-to-day reporting for indirect tax. They use their deep sector experience and knowledge of different legal and regulatory systems around the world to help clients meet their compliance obligations as well as achieve their business goals.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Advisor/Consultant to join our team based in London to help drive the IPT practice forward and manage our growing client portfolio
Your key responsibilities
Enthusiastic manager with ability to create, sustain and lead effective teams
Ensure delivery of quality work and take day to day leadership of delivery team
Help people to develop through effectively supervising, coaching and mentoring staff
Contribute to people initiatives, including retaining and training international tax professionals
Significant involvement in the management of the team both in terms of strategy and operations and also through managing junior staff development and assignment
Skills and attributes for success
- Enthusiastic Senior Tax Advisor/Consultant with ability to create, sustain and lead effective teams
- Act as engagement manager on a portfolio of clients; that is, be the main client contact in respect of the compliance and reporting process, responsible for quality, delivery and all aspects of client service on the engagement
- Work with the offshore and onshore teams to plan, and deliver the entire compliance and/or reporting process
- Actively seek possible improvements to processes, technologies and methodologies (e.g. automation, analytics) and communicate the ideas with the team
- Ensure delivery of quality work and take day to day leadership of delivery team
- Help people to develop through effectively supervising, coaching and mentoring staff
- Contribute to people initiatives, including retaining and training international tax professionals
- Significant involvement in the management of the team both in terms of strategy and operations and also through managing junior staff development and assignment
To qualify for the role, you must have
Previous experience in indirect tax experience, preferably premium tax
Project management skills and the ability to plan and prioritise work, meet deadlines, monitor own budget
Ability to build strong client relationships and be commercially aware
Business development skills, able to identify and convert opportunities to sell work
Effective time management, ability to remain calm when under pressure to meet deadlines
Excellent communicator in a range of situations both written and oral
Enthusiastic team player
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Project management skills, plan and prioritize work, meet deadlines, monitor own budget
What we look for
- Team player; ability to integrate with new teams quickly
- Outgoing with good relationship skills and the ability to deliver quality output
- Excellent communicator in range of situations both written and oral
- Change orientated with flexible approach
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.