Through the use of technology, it is EY’s aspiration to revolutionise the way we service our client’s. The Taxhive are responsible for the innovation and development of amazing tax technology products. We follow agile principles to create human-centric transformational tax technology. By creating rapid prototypes, we are able test ideas and work with our nearshore teams to scale the very best ideas.
We are looking for passionate product managers looking to build and release engaging, innovative applications to market quickly.
Your key responsibilities
- Be the primary voice of the end customer within an agile development team, guiding and challenging the development team.
- Collaborate with the teams (subject matter experts, designers, business analysts, developers and quality assurance) to deliver amazing experiences for our customers.
- Develop a product visions and maintain roadmaps, communicating this to a wide range of audiences including senior stakeholders.
- Constantly monitor progress, looking for ways to improve the product and make adjustments based on strategic goals.
- Coach and encourage junior colleagues through constant learning to improve their skills.
- Continuously research, evaluate and present new technology services and solutions that fit the business needs.
Skills and attributes for success
- Curious - you like to understand why things are done the way they are, and how they could be continuously improved
- Collaborative – you work well with others to develop a stronger outcome than achieved individually. You seize learning and knowledge sharing opportunities
- Empathetic - you take the time to understand what drives other team members, what motivates them and how to achieve mutual objectives
- Humble - you actively seek feedback, and feel comfortable providing it to others. You are not overly influenced by organisational hierarchy
- Reflective - you are comfortable re-evaluating your view when presented with contrasting facts and your opinions
- Energetic – you are excited by what you do and you bring an enthusiasm to your job
- Agile – you are passionate, spirited, live and breathe agile and firmly believe in creating clean and testable code
- Experience eliciting and uncovering the underlying business issues that need to be addressed and gathering any relevant information to support the approach.
- Commercial experience including planning and managing investment and operational budgets.
- Ability to apply design thinking as an ideology and methodology.
- Experience informing testing plans and working with QA teams including methodologies, test cases, test scripts and automated testing.
- An appreciation of good user experience design and experience using wire framing tools.
- Experience dealing with senior stakeholders, prioritising tasks and efficiently seeking input from key decision makers when needed.
- An approach of continuous improvement, continually growing one's craft, learning new tools and techniques to manage oneself and a team.
- Project management skills, plan and prioritise work, meet deadlines and monitor own budget.
Ideally you’ll also have
Project management skills
We are not perspective about in the technology that you have experience in as long you as you are eager to use the best available technology for the project and open to working with new tools and approaches.
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.