Our audit teams work with many of the world’s leading and fastest growing companies. We provide a quality and consistent audit offering to our clients by assembling multi-disciplinary teams to address the most complex issues, using a proven global methodology and deploying the latest, high quality auditing tools and perspectives. To help our clients achieve their potential we provide a tailored service, consistent methodology, broad sector knowledge and the latest insights from our worldwide network. This is a great opportunity to join the fast-growing and proactive Belfast Assurance practice. You will be part of a team where you will receive exposure to some of EY's most diverse and exciting clients. Your work will be recognised and rewarded and a solid career will lie ahead of you
- Manage client relationships/expectations and develop client portfolio.
- Develop relations with existing clients in order to gather feedback on the quality of work delivered and to gain ideas for improvement of services delivered.
- Effectively manage audit teams and actively coach and develop team members
- Active involvement in the recruitment of staff
- Plan and manage own performance and development
- Develop technical expertise -both functional and industry
Responsible for planning and managing
assignments for compliance with all technical requirements including:
- Final technical review at all stages and for raising with partners all pertinent issues.
- Reviewing and approving for partner's signature all financial statements, opinions and reports and other deliverable documents for clients
- Ensuring management letters are constructive, commercially aware and demonstrate the firm's interest in the client's business.
- Obtaining consultation from experts on complex issues
- Responsible for handling various assignments concurrently, including:
- Preparation of audit project proposals, budgets, negotiations over fee and contract terms.
- Monitoring audit progress including compliance with budgets and deadline.
- Ensuring that audit work is being allocated to team members on a level commensurate with their past experience
- Review of audit work papers and reporting to the relevant partner / director
- Adequate fee recovery, variance analysis, billing procedures and pursuing overdue accounts.
- Arrangement of closing meeting including preparation of support for agenda.
- Controlling preparation of final version accounts and reports.
- Proven track record of outstanding performance.
- Worked on Large / Multinational clients
- Clearly demonstrate an on-going commitment to personal and professional development through continuing education and development.
- Qualified Accountant -e.g. ACA, ACCA, CPA qualified
- Minimum of 3 years relevant post qualification experience, including at least one in a role as an audit manager or with equivalent experience
- Ability and willingness to work primarily on challenging and complex projects
- Experience with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) & “new” UK GAAP
- An ability to manage projects and teams
- High Technical Knowledge
- Excellent commercial, management and organisational skills
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
Ideally, you'll also have:
Experience of working in a similar environment.
What we look for:
EY looks to attract innovative people, team players and those with excellent client focus.
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you