Hours: 35hrs per week, Mon - Fri
Start date: 01/07/2020
Closing date: 29/07/2020
Cloud Solutions Architect
The financial services industry is currently undergoing a period of unparalleled change. Since the financial crisis, banks and financial institutions have been subjected to more stringent regulations, increased supervision and overall global economic instability. These changes have not come without a cost and has made these institutions re-evaluate the way they have been doing business traditionally. Moreover, the proliferation of technological advances including disruptive technologies and digital are compounding the pressures of maintaining competitiveness, being adaptable and increasing profit margins.
EY is now investing in a new EMEIA cloud division focussed on delivering key cloud programs, build valuable relationships, and develop strong capabilities through both formal training and working with senior mentors and talented colleagues. This is akin to a startup with EY and we are looking to onboard high calibre cloud savvy technologists.
Our teams analyse, design, recommend and implement performance improvement solutions for our valued Corporate & Investment Banking clients in the following areas:
• Deep cloud adoption experience gained from multi project implementations
• Define and deliver target operating models
• Cost reduction frameworks in the Cloud
• System selection and implementation pipelines using automation
• Application architecture review and simplification
• Security posture assessments and remediation
• Governance and Compliance assessments and reporting
• Automation tool selection and implementation roadmaps
• DevOps CI/CD and DevSecOps refinement
• Data strategies that maximise client return on investment
Your key responsibilities
• Communicate deep technical architecture and solutions to varying levels on non-technical people
• Translate business problems into technical solutions
• Work with senior stakeholders, working as part of a wider team to ensure consistency and quality of implementation through your technical skills
• Manage risks and issues related to architecture by working closely with other team members to resolve them in-time without impacting delivery schedule
• Understand the client’s strategy and purpose, working closely with client’s architecture team to define, analyse and execute the target architecture for the project
• Create succinct decks to pitch to clients, alliances, and internal teams.
• Write high-level cloud strategies for migrating applications to the cloud
Skills and attributes for success
• Good understanding of 12 factor apps
• Comfortable working in an agile environment
• Strong technical knowledge in one of the public cloud providers
• Experience in delivering cloud native solutions on public cloud (AWS, GCP or Azure)
• Good understanding of risk management
• Basic understanding of the following:
o Databases and types of databases
o Encryption and key management
o PaaS platforms like Pivotal Cloud Foundry
o Container technologies like Docker and Kubernetes
o Risk & Regulatory processes
To qualify for the role you must have
• A university degree, preferably in computer science, engineering, business and information or similar, with a minimum of a 2:1 (or equivalent), and ideally an MBA or MSc;
• Architecture and Design experience of web enterprise applications using proprietary and open-source frameworks.
• Well-versed with industry software trends, and be able to find the most appropriate industry patterns and standards for each solution, because different types of problems require different solutions
• Deep understanding of DevOps processes facilitating Continuous integration / Continuous Delivery pipelines, with experience of supporting go-live & post-live activities
• Proven Experience in delivering cloud-native applications on public cloud e.g., AWS, Azure, GCP
• Working knowledge of modern architecture patterns e.g., microservices, data platform, their suitability, complexities and alternatives
• Experience of client facing roles where you have built relationships with stakeholders, conducted workshops and ability to influence others through persuasive communication.
• Strong communication, presentation and business writing skills along with the ability to manage and build strong relationships both internally and externally
• Excellent communication skills with experience in the preparation and delivery of presentations and reports.
Ideally, you’ll also have
• Development background and can understand code and build pipelines
• Experience in building large scale cloud native architecture
• Published articles in magazines or on LinkedIn
• Spoken in public conferences and events
• Certification in one of the public cloud providers (AWS, GCP, or Azure)
What we look for
This role will offer opportunities for personal growth and advancement.
If you are resilient, adaptable, ready to own complex projects, this could be the role for you.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
• Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
• Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
• The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Build your legacy with us.
Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance
Please note: Prior to finalizing your application, you will be asked to provide personal information across several dimensions of diversity and inclusiveness. The information you provide is kept entirely confidential and will not be used to evaluate your candidacy. We collect this data to help us analyse our recruitment process holistically and implement actions that promote diversity and inclusiveness. While optional, we encourage you to provide this information to hold us accountable towards our goal of building a better working world. We ask because it matters!