Join EY Tax as a tax professional and you’ll be helping international and multinational companies align their global tax position with their business strategy, in order to maintain competitive advantage and provide shareholder value.
EY’s Financial Services (FS) Tax practice is the largest such
practice in the UK with a fine reputation for sector expertise and close, trusted adviser,
relationships across a broad range of FS clients including globally systemic financial
institutions and niche new market entrants and disruptors. EY’s FS practice is run on an EMEIA basis providing market
differentiated capability for seamless client service on the Europe-wide tax advisory projects
which the market is demanding.
The UK FS International and Transaction Tax Services (ITTS) team comprises 75 professionals, mainly in London but also in Edinburgh and Leeds and combines international tax services (encompassing all technical corporate tax advisory services) with transaction tax services (M&A / deals tax). This team structure, introduced on a global EY basis in 2019, provides a cross-fertilisation of tax advisory services and provides rich career prospects for those with an aptitude for providing tax advice to the FS market.
The ITTS team advises a wide range of clients across the Banking, Insurance and Wealth &
Asset Management sectors, including having advised on many high-profile transactions and deals
reported in the press over the past few years with top FS multinationals. Our partners are well
known and respected in the market and the work is technically challenging, creative and requires
you to work closely with our clients’ businesses.
This is a period of unprecedented change in the global international tax arena, which is resulting in huge demand in the market for specialised tax advisory services.
We have ambitious growth plans in our FS ITTS team. If you’re a manager with an interest in Banking, Insurance and/or Wealth & Asset Management and want to further develop or build on your industry knowledge, you can be certain that as a Tax Manager within our team you’ll be joining a group which offers you unrivalled opportunities to work on a broad range of advisory opportunities from smaller inbound clients to huge multinationals.
EY’s global merger of its International Tax and Transaction Tax teams means that ITTS professionals can also advise on the structuring aspects of some of the largest corporate M&A deals and due to this unique structure, we can offer variety and/or specialism. Professionals in our team may work across our sub-sectors; Banking, Insurance, Wealth & Asset Management; or may specialise in any one of these.
Your key responsibilities
Contributing to building and maintaining key client relationships by delivering exceptional client service - manage the successful delivery of tax projects, ensuring technical excellence and practical/business driven approach taken.
- Identifying and driving opportunities - use your knowledge gained from other projects, our technical training and our knowledge sharing sessions to add input to projects and proposals
- Building your own strong client and internal relationships - develop and use your relationship skills to create your own external and internal networks in the Banking, Insurance or Wealth & Asset Management markets
- Counsel and develop junior staff through delegation and on the job training
Skills and attributes for success
Strong tax advisory technical skills
- Client driven and strategically and commercially aware
- Excellent communicator in a range of situations both written and oral.
- Enthusiastic and flexible attitude to work
- Motivated and collaborative team player
Coaching and developing more junior staff
To qualify for the role, you must have
Expertise in international tax
- Any of the following preferred: ACA / CTA / legal qualification or equivalent
- Previous people management experience
- Experience of coaching and developing more junior team members
- Experience of working with financial services clients
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Project management skills, plan and prioritize work, meet deadlines, monitor own budget
What we look for
We’re interested to hear from highly motivated individuals who are open to expanding their network and pursuing a medium to long-term career in Corporate Tax at EY.
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you