Our Workforce Advisory team helps our clients find modern, people-centric solutions that work for their businesses. We work with them on their biggest challenges – from implementing culture, technological and people change, to communication strategies and leadership development. Using the latest innovations, our specialisms position the right people, in the right places, with the right capabilities for our clients.
With the ever-increasing success of high-tech companies and rapid advancements in technology, companies are challenged to respond to the impacts this creates, maintain their competitive advantage, and consider how digital tools can be a catalyst to transform the way their workforce operates. Now more than ever, clients want to understand how technological changes affect the people at the heart of their businesses and how technology can enable their workforce to be more efficient, productive and engaged. As a result, they are rethinking how they adapt and respond through their own transformation journeys.
In Workforce Advisory, our goal is to get to the root of how these technological innovations and digital tools will impact ‘people’ and provide our clients with integrated services and offerings that solve their most pertinent people-related business challenges.
We are seeking experienced consultants with expertise in the people aspects of technology transformation programmes to join our growing People-focused Technology Transformation Team. Specific areas of work include:
- Digital strategy as a part of the future of work
- Change management in the context of enterprise wide and functional Digital / IT transformation programmes -– developing and delivering digital and/or organisational strategies supported by integrated change experience roadmaps and business cases
- Organisation alignment (e.g., organisational design, processes, policies and procedures, capabilities, culture, etc.) to enable the implementation and realise benefits and value of the technology
- Running collaborative sessions with clients to identify the people implications of their programme(s) and working with them to develop ’people’ centred solutions
As a Manager in EY’s Workforce Advisory practice, your responsibilities will include the following:
- Structuring, managing and delivering on complex project workstreams to meet and exceed client expectations
- Identifying and delivering the best possible solutions to clients’ problems for a given context
- Analysing complex problems to scope, discuss and carry out required tasks, largely independently
- Managing small teams to deliver on managed workstreams, assuming responsibility for the quality of their work products as well as encouraging their development through formal and informal coaching
- Assisting the accountable Engagement Lead to manage project scope, budget, margin and risks. – Includes uses of appropriate business models, pricing methods and governance structures
- Building excellent and long-lasting client relationships, exceeding client expectations and delivering high quality outputs
- Identifying and scoping opportunities in the market and existing engagements
- Contributing towards or leading new business development opportunities and client pursuits
- Keeping up to date on relevant market trends, and key functional and technical skills, and coaching team members to do the same
- Demonstrating commitment to EY and professional standards and to enhancing our brand
- Managing risk, independence, objectivity, and compliance on engagements
- Capturing and maintaining relevant knowledge and information, and proactively sharing this knowledge with others
- Bringing your personal energy, enthusiasm, and ideas for improvement – to your work for clients and for EY.
- Experience of managing or delivering on business change workstreams within Digital or IT transformation programmes – including ERP implementations (specifically SAP S/4HANA) and other technology deployments (e.g. Microsoft solutions suite and emerging technologies)
- Experience in delivering Business / People-centred change, i.e. using technology to enable/enhance workforce performance, engagement or wellbeing
- Ability to use quantitative / qualitative data analysis to create compelling narratives to assist project delivery and/or Business Development
- Experience (or good working knowledge of) Waterfall, Hybrid and Agile programme delivery methods
- Commitment to professional standards, managing risk, enhancing brand with clients, and to maintaining independence and objectivity
- Ability to leverage diverse ideas and perspective to provide technical excellence and the most efficient solutions to each unique client situation
- Self-awareness and proactivity for driving own professional and personal growth
- Confidence, resilience and efficacy in recognising and managing potential issues during client assignments
- Business and commercial acumen to assist engagement management, risk management, and business development opportunities
- Ability to build effective client relationships and contributing to business development initiatives
Strong team management skills – facilitating collaboration, commitment and engagement, while focusing on the achievement of goals and balancing individual and team needs.
- At least 5 years of professional experience either on the business side or in a consultancy role delivering technology-led transformations and business change
- Knowledge of/experience in at least one of the following technologies and their organisational implications:
- ERP systems (e.g. SAP Solutions Suite - ECC 6.0 or S/4HANA preferred, Microsoft Dynamics)
- Emerging technologies (e.g. AI, Big Data, RPA, IoT, Blockchain) and enabling software (e.g. Blue Prism)
- Other ‘people’ experience enhancement technologies and providers
- Knowledge of/experience in customer / user-centred digital transformation programmes
- Exposure to change driven by the introduction of advanced technologies (e.g. AR/VR)
- Exposure to design thinking and human-centred design methods
- Awareness of the latest business trends around technology and workforce
- Change management accreditation (e.g. AMPG, Prosci)
- Agile PM accreditation (or equivalent)
- Digital Transformation certification or badge (or equivalent)
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes assistance for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is a global professional services organisation providing advisory, assurance, tax and transaction services. We are dedicated to doing our part in building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. And we are united by our shared values and a dedication to delivering exceptional client service
We make sure our people succeed. The networks you build and the experiences you have with us will help define and accelerate the rest of your career. Last year in the UK, nearly 2,000 of our people were promoted or progressed within their grade, and we are significantly increasing the number of partners in the UK. So, when you build something better at EY, we make sure you’re rewarded.
Our People Advisory Services practice has over 10,000 practitioners operating within a globally integrated team, bringing their skills, insights and experience to support our clients.
Driven by our focused insight and innovation, PAS is best positioned to advise and influence our client’s activities at senior leadership level to respond to the scale and complexity of how and where our clients work globally, making us the trusted advisor of choice to our clients and creating more opportunities for our people. As a result, we’re continually seeking new markets, new perspectives and better ways to deliver value.
EY is dedicated to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark.