Professional Practice (PPD) provides the Quality and Risk Management function within the Assurance Service Line. PPD is responsible for: providing our engagement teams with the support and advice to
enable them to deliver high quality services to their clients and to manage the risks involved in providing those services; compliance with regulation and guidance; managing the firm’s relationships with our audit regulators and working with other parts of the UK firm and EMEIA and Global (‘EYG’) to seek to influence auditing and related regulatory developments. The role of PPD is therefore vitally important to both our quality and growth agendas.
PPD are currently seeking to recruit a Manager with an audit background, and at least two years’ post qualification experience, to work within the Methodology part of PPD. This is a unique opportunity to build your skillset on technical audit matters and develop an understanding of the EY audit methodology.
Your key responsibilities:
- Assist in the roll out of EY’s new digital audit approach
- Provide a technical review of enablers being developed to assist audit professionals in carrying out efficient ISA-compliant audits of the highest quality
- Providing assistance to the audit practice in interpreting EY’s audit methodology for their own clients
- Carrying out a first level review of consultation papers where formal consultation is required on methodology matters with PPD
- Development and maintenance of enablement and guidance including writing UK localisations of material produced by EYG
- Developing and delivering training
- Writing communications to the audit practice on new developments in methodology or reminders of guidance
- Ad hoc file reviews for risk management purposes
- There may also be an opportunity to take on an audit client for up to 25% of your time
Skills and attributes for success:
- Strong knowledge of the ISAs
- A minimum of two years’ post qualification experience working as an auditor in a Big Four or mid-tier firm
- Interest in, and broad understanding of, the regulatory landscape for audit firms
- Strong technical skills
- The ability to communicate and form networks with colleagues at all levels
- Excellent organisational skills with ability to prioritise a busy and often conflicting workload to meet deadlines.
- Professional approach, confident, credible, enthusiastic team player with a flexible ‘can do’ attitude
Location and flexible working
This role is based in our More London Place office. We welcome applications from those looking for both full and part time work.
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.