Our indirect tax transformation practice works with clients to help improve the operational aspects of indirect tax/VAT compliance through systems, technology and process. Through a combination of strong technical knowledge, deep understanding and experience of major ERP systems and the use of technology tools and methodologies, we deliver solutions to our clients helping them improve their indirect tax management.
Our high profile Indirect Tax Transformation team based within our London offices, focus on assisting clients with transformation programmes and the operational management of VAT. This includes helping clients react to and adjust their VAT management approach as a result of the global trend towards tax authority digitisation. They advise clients on a wide range of operational, systems and technology projects, including ERP system VAT optimisation, process, controls and supply chain, whilst also working with innovative technologies including machine learning and robotics.
This is a significant area of growth for EY’s indirect tax practice and, as a result, we are looking to expand the team through the recruitment of high achieving individual.
As part of this expansion and in recognition of the significant market activity in this space, EY has formed a dedicated team to respond to S/4 HANA opportunities and we are actively looking to recruit professionals with deep knowledge and experience of SAP from a VAT (and wider taxes) functionality and wider business perspective.
We are seeking to recruit individuals with an SAP consulting and/or solution architect background with regards to indirect tax in SAP. Significant SAP configuration experience within large recognised organisations and cutting across the main SAP ECC modules of SD (Sales & Distribution), MM (Materials Management) and FICO (Finance & Controlling) would equally be suitable.
Wider experience across these modules outside of just indirect tax would also be preferable (for example direct tax and operational TP. In addition, experience and understanding of S/4 and the Global Tax Management suite would also be preferable.
Your key responsibilities
- Helping to develop the Tax business
- Delivery of SAP-related Tax projects
- Winning work/supporting through various routes to market
- SAP tax SME with both project delivery and business development responsibilities
- Delivering SAP tax optimisation projects, including largest and priority clients
In delivering projects, expected to cover the following:
- Design of tax configuration/solution
- Tax testing
- Acting as conduit between Tax and SAP team
- Implementing new SAP tax applications
- Acting as overall EY project manager on client SAP tax projects
- Solutioning where std SAP functionality does not meet requirements
- You will be a key SAP subject matter expert within the team and will have both a project delivery and business development focus
- You will responsible for delivering (and often leading) SAP tax optimisation projects with our clients, including our largest and most significant clients
- Such projects would include the review of client current state SAP from a Tax perspective
Skills and attributes for success
You will have knowledge and experience of the following:
- Worked on large, complex transformation projects
- Tax experience, either across taxes or in a particular field
- Experience with SAP, both transactional processes and core tax components
- SAP project experience to ideally include design, not just tax requirements gathering
- Dealing with multiple stakeholders across various teams / consulting firms
- Project management / managing own workload and deliverables
- Excellent communication skills and ability to build ‘Trusted Adviser’ relationships
- Analytical and problem–solving mindset
- Willingness to travel as required in relation to working at Client Sites on specific engagements
To qualify for the role you must have
- The ability to structure teams, lead work streams and architect SAP solutions
- The ability to manage internal and external stakeholders
- Manage the scope of an engagement
- Project Management experience
- Designing and delivering SAP solutions in two or more of the following areas:
- SAP ERP ECC 6.0
- SAP S/4 HANA
- SAP Analytics cloud
- SAP Global Tax Management suite
- Tax engine experience (Vertex or Thomson Reuters or Taxware or Avalara or Sovos)
Ideally, you’ll also have
Project management skills, plan and prioritise work, meet deadlines, monitor own budget and time
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Commitment for support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.