Opening date: 3/06/2020
Closing date: 2/07/2020
Hours: 35 hour per week, Monday - Friday
Multiple roles available
Digital and Emerging Technology - Cloud Architect Consultant – Senior Consultant
With a broad understanding of the full lifecycle of our clients’ business, EY has the knowledge and experience to integrate cloud strategy where it makes the most impact and transformation. EY’s cloud solutions offer a balance of business, technology, and strategy. EY works with high profile clients across the region, working to solve some of their most challenging issues. As our practice continues to grow quickly, EY is actively investing in the latest cloud technology and talent. This is the perfect time to join and make your mark on significant cloud projects across a wide variety of industries, platforms, and technologies.
This is a technical role guiding clients on cloud solutions and architecture for large scale cloud transformation projects. Most of your time will be spent embedded with our clients’ team and we’ll look to you to provide them with a unique perspective on how they must continue to innovate and remain competitive with cloud technologies.
Your key responsibilities
Recommending on the right architectures for major cloud transformation projects including supporting the response to client proposals and bids.
Develop proof of concepts and make recommendations on best practice reference architectures including on re-platforming or re-architecting applications.
Assist with the discovery, assessment, planning and delivery of applications as they migrate to the cloud.
Build relationships and trust with various customer technical communities including Architecture and Technical Leads and up to CTO/CIO.
Work with our Industry teams at EY to ensure Cloud is infused into broader EY solutions. Work closely with relevant groups in Technology Alliances.
To be successful you must have the following:
Bachelor's degree ideally in (Business with MIS, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, Electrical engineering)
Experience in a technical transformational role at a big four or equivalent company.
Conducted AW cloud maturity assessments
- Hands on experience in at least one of the following platforms: Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Services, VMWare, large Open Source environments.
Relevant cloud Certifications with a major cloud provider such as Microsoft Certified Azure Solutions Architect, AWS Cloud Practitioner, Google Professional Cloud Architect.
- Availability for up to 80% travel across Europe.
- Experience in common programming/scripting languages such as Java, Python, Go, Ruby, SQL etc.
Inspiring colleagues and sharing with teams on key technologies and best practices.
Engagement with Enterprise customers across multiple countries and industries in a broader region responsibility.
Very good written and verbal communication, presentation, client service and technical writing skills
- Confidence to support meetings with client sponsors, management, and individual contributors.
Other Skills and attributes for success
- Supporting team members in the development of applicable methodologies, tools, approaches, points of view, thought leadership and accelerators to differentiate EY in the Cloud Technology market.
- Being proactive and driven to continually learn emerging technologies and business best practices.
Developing strong relationships and networks both internally and externally.
- Interacting and communicating effectively with teammates, clients, stakeholders, and executives.
- Being visible in the market to promote new ideas in your domain and the excellence in cloud advisory services offered by EY.
What working at EY Offers
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you