Our Workforce Advisory team helps our clients find modern, people-centric solutions that work for their businesses. We work with them on their biggest challenges – from implementing culture, technological and people change, to communication strategies and leadership development. Using the latest innovations, our specialisms position the right people, in the right places, with the right capabilities for our clients.
With the ever-increasing success of high-tech companies and rapid advancements in technology, companies are challenged to respond to the impacts this creates, maintain their competitive advantage, and consider how digital tools can be a catalyst to transform the way their workforce operates. Now more than ever, clients want to understand how technological changes affect the people at the heart of their businesses and how technology can enable their workforce to be more efficient, productive and engaged. As a result, they are rethinking how they adapt and respond through their own transformation journeys. In Workforce Advisory, our goal is to get to the root of how these technological innovations and digital tools will impact ‘people’ and provide our clients with integrated services and offerings that solve their most pertinent people-related business challenges.
We are seeking experienced professionals with expertise in the people aspects of technology transformation programmes to join our growing People-focused Technology Transformation Team. Specific areas of work include:
- Digital strategy as a part of the future of work
- Change management in the context of enterprise wide and functional Digital / IT transformation programmes -– developing and delivering digital and/or organisational strategies assisted by integrated change experience roadmaps and business cases
- Organisation alignment (e.g. organisational design, processes, policies and procedures, capabilities, culture, etc.) to enable the implementation and realise benefits and value of the technology
- Running collaborative sessions with clients to identify the people implications of their programme(s) and working with them to develop ’people’ centred solutions
As a Senior Consultant, your responsibilities will include the following:
- Contributing to the delivery of projects and programmes to meet and exceed client expectations, always delivering high quality outputs
- Analysing complex problems to scope, discuss and carry out required tasks, largely independently
- Building relationships, especially with peers from client organisations and across the EY network
- Identifying opportunities for improvements – to EY internal processes as well as to client delivery and project outcomes
- Assisting engagement management activities by assisting your team to manage risk, share knowledge, and by maintaining various engagement management tools – such as project plans and pricing models
- Contributing towards new business development opportunities and client pursuits
- Keeping up to date on relevant market trends, key functional and technical skills, and proactively sharing relevant knowledge with team members
- Assisting with the integration and inclusion of team members and operating as a part of a high performing team
- Reinforcing our values through day-to-day behaviours and challenging where these are not demonstrated in others
- Bringing your personal energy and enthusiasm to your work for clients and for EY.
Skills and attributes for success
- Ability to use quantitative / qualitative data analysis to assist project delivery and/or Business Development
- Experience of delivering Digital or IT transformation programmes – such as ERP implementations (specifically SAP S/4HANA) or other technology deployments (e.g. Microsoft solutions suite and emerging technologies)
- Experience of delivering (or good working knowledge of) Business / People-centred change, i.e. using technology to enable/enhance workforce performance, engagement or wellbeing
- Experience (or good working knowledge of) Waterfall, Hybrid and Agile programme delivery methods
- Appreciation of the importance of professional standards, risk-management, and high-quality service to enhance a Global brand
- Ability to quickly understand fast-moving situations, and to be confident, resilient, and effective in recognising and managing potential issues during client assignments
- Professionalism and the ability to rapidly establish personal credibility and make a strong personal impact
- Skills in facilitating and encouraging collaboration amongst team members
- Self-awareness when dealing with others, and ability to adapt to better communicate with other styles and backgrounds
- Keen interest in driving personal development – through seeking relevant experiences, learning and coaching
To qualify for the role you must have
- At least 3-5 years of professional experience either on the business side or in a consultancy role delivering complex technology-led transformations and business change
- Knowledge of/experience in any of the following technologies and their organisational implications:
- ERP systems (e.g. SAP Solutions Suite (SAP S/4Hana preferred), Microsoft Dynamics)
- Emerging technologies (e.g. AI, Big Data, RPA, IoT, Blockchain) and enabling software (e.g. Blue Prism)
- Other ‘people’ experience enhancement technologies and providers
- Knowledge of/experience in customer/user-centred digital transformation programmes
- Exposure to design thinking and human-centred design method
- Awareness of the latest industry and technology trends
- Accreditation in Programme Management, Digital Transformation, or Change Management (e.g. APMG, Prosci)
We would like to meet professionals who want to work on large-scale transformation programmes and get involved in building our people-focused technology transformation service offering. We are looking for individuals who can demonstrate real impact for our clients within various areas of Workforce Advisory. We want to hear from people who have hands-on experience, that want to keep close to the advancements in technology and deliver solutions that have optimum impact on their clients.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes assistance for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is a global professional services organisation providing advisory, assurance, tax and transaction services. We are dedicated to doing our part in building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. And we are united by our shared values and a dedication to delivering exceptional client service
We make sure our people succeed. The networks you build and the experiences you have with us will help define and accelerate the rest of your career. Last year in the UK, nearly 2,000 of our people were promoted or progressed within their grade, and we are significantly increasing the number of partners in the UK. So, when you build something better at EY, we make sure you’re rewarded.
Our People Advisory Services practice has over 10,000 practitioners operating within a globally integrated team, bringing their skills, insights and experience to support our clients.
Driven by our focused insight and innovation, PAS is best positioned to advise and influence our client’s activities at senior leadership level to respond to the scale and complexity of how and where our clients work globally, making us the trusted advisor of choice to our clients and creating more opportunities for our people. As a result, we’re continually seeking new markets, new perspectives and better ways to deliver value.
EY is dedicated to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark.