Opening date: 29/05/2020
Closing date: 26/06/2020
Multiple roles available #LI-DNI
The rapid evolution of technology and the risks related to this now regularly make headline news. The potential impact from threats ranging from external attacks to internal rogue trading makes the need for Technology Risk an item of Board level concern. As a Technology Risk Senior Consultant you’ll be helping our clients gain the comfort they and their regulators require. That will mean using your technical knowledge of IT and data risks and controls and your client facing experience to work with our Managers and Senior Managers to provide clients with the assurance or advice they need. Working with some of the world’s most prestigious Financial Service (FS) organisations you will be an integral part of our IT Risk Assurance (ITRA) team within Technology Risk.
As a Technology Risk Senior Consultant you’ll have the opportunity to work on a range of IT Assurance projects, including IT External Audit Support (known in EY as FAIT or Financial Audit IT), IT Internal Audit, IT components of Regulatory Reviews and other assurance activities (e.g. client money, Solvency II, Basel III, Section 166, Service Organisation Controls Reporting), Operational Resilience, Emerging Technology risk and control related work within FS. This portfolio also includes engaging with wider Advisory teams on a broad agenda where design or effectiveness reviews over IT and data controls are required. We’re currently growing our Technology Risk team to help meet increasing market demand, reflected in several years of double digit growth. We are also continuing to evolve our capability to innovate and automate which also places. Our work is also continuing to focus on application controls and data integrity as other parts of the firm and our clients focus more on completeness and accuracy of the information being produced and relied upon. Our projects typically involve managing multiple stakeholders and require you to give the best advice to our clients using your knowledge and experience to provide the best outcomes.
Your key responsibilities
You will manage your time between working on client site and in our offices, as a member of our highly skilled engagement teams. You will work with a number of high profile clients undertaking various engagements focussed on strengthening processes and controls around big issues relating to technology and data risks. The range of projects with which ITRA is involved means that there is a dynamic team environment providing you with a wealth of opportunities for personal growth and development.
Skills and attributes for success
- Managing client relationships and expectations
- Building relationships with colleagues across the business, supporting them and promoting a collaborative culture
- High quality deliverables underpinned by a keen attention to detail
- Ability to multi task and plan effectively
To qualify for the role you must have
- A strong academic background and demonstrable experience in a number of the following areas:
- IT external audit support
- IT internal audit
- Third party reporting, e.g. SOC1, AAF 01/06, SOC2
- Experience of the IT elements of regulatory reviews (e.g. S166, client money, Sarbanes Oxley 404, or Basel III)
- IT elements of Supplier Risk Management
- IT project governance and management
- Experience of understanding and reviewing application and/or interface functionality
- Data integrity and data analysis
- Operational resilience
- Emerging technologies (RPA, Cloud, AI)
- Experience working for a professional services consultancy firm or blue chip industry firm in IT external audit, IT internal audit, or IT risk management is highly preferred but not essential
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Experience within the Financial Services industry and a good understanding of the FS technology landscape
- Understanding of UK and EMEIA FS regulatory environment
- Recognised professional qualification such as CISA, CISM, CISSP
What we are looking for
You’ll be a trusted business advisor to our clients, specialising within the Technology Risk field, so they’ll look to you to find, ask and answer the questions nobody else has asked yet and then develop and execute an effective service. If you’re ready to take on a wide range of responsibilities, and are committed to seeking out new ways to make a difference, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
We offer an attractive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most experienced and engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global provider of assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.