Senior Executive (Manager) (IT) Transaction Strategy and Execution
EY’s market leading Transaction Strategy and Execution (TSE) team provides IT & Operations advice to corporate and private equity firms who intend to acquire, divest or restructure businesses. The team comprises advisors with specialist commercial, operations, IT and deal / transaction experience from industry, advisory and audit backgrounds.
We are seeking to further expand our team with IT consultants who work across a range of sectors that include Private Equity, Digital and Telecoms. As a Senior Executive in our team, you’ll advise clients across all sectors, supporting key decision makers in developing and executing strategies for transactions use your intellectual guile and enthusiasm to apply your technical skills across the M&A transaction lifecycle; including pre-deal diligence, portfolio review and corporate carve-outs & integrations.
Your key responsibilities
As a Senior Executive within our TSE team, you’d assist in aspects of business origination, including pitches and presentations, and attending meetings with clients to help sell work and work in a transaction environment operating under tight M&A timeframes and demands and be familiar working in a large-scale consulting environment or industry role. As a consultant you’d use your IT sector knowledge and work on projects across Digital Transformation, IT Transformation and Big Data.
Skills and attributes for success
- Develop experience of a range of different type of engagements, including pre-deal (e.g operational and IT due diligence, carve-out planning), post-deal (e.g integration planning, tracking) and restructuring (e.g rapid cost reduction).
- Lead blended project teams comprising colleagues from our transactions and advisory practices as well as leading meetings with senior client stakeholders to advise, shape and drive the strategy and planning for integration, carve-out / separation and operational restructuring
- Contribute to management of each engagement, including commercials and risk.
- Contribute to our practice development initiatives, supporting the continued focus on our team as a great place to work.
- You would act as a role model and support development of junior team members, coupled with the recruitment and training responsibilities.
- Be familiar working in a large-scale consulting environment or industry role where you can demonstrate the ability to perform and summarise analysis into management insights and recommended actions at pace
To qualify for the role you must have
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and experience of producing and reviewing high calibre reports, papers, presentations and thought leadership.
- A track record of successful project delivery in corporate businesses where you are responsible for managing project team members and vendors
- Have a broad range of IT experience including, infrastructure, applications, databases and networks
- Professional services / consulting experience within Transactions: ideally due diligence, carve-out or integrations experience; or
- Deep understanding of one or more core aspects of a typical IT function.
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Experience in building strong working relationships with senior clients, including influence, advice and support to key decision makers.
- Demonstrated aptitude for quantitative and qualitative analysis.
- Experience in supporting sales and business development processes for professional services projects in a large-scale consulting environment
What we are looking for
You’ll be a trusted business consultant to our clients and use your deep knowledge of multiple IT technologies to work closely to their needs. Your proven project management and stakeholder management experience will be key to the role. If you’re ready to take on a wide range of responsibilities, and are committed to seeking out new ways to make a difference, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
Please note: Prior to finalizing your application, you will be asked to provide personal information across several dimensions of diversity and inclusiveness. The information you provide is kept entirely confidential and will not be used to evaluate your candidacy. We collect this data to help us analyse our recruitment process holistically and implement actions that promote diversity and inclusiveness. While optional, we encourage you to provide this information to hold us accountable towards our goal of building a better working world. We ask because it matters!
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.