The team is made up of core professionals in the UK supported by a strong EMEIA and global tax network, focusing on customer and operational taxes. The nature of our work means that developing relationships within the global network is essential to successfully delivering to our clients. The core team in London is close knit, dynamic and enthusiastic with a real sense of shared purpose and community.
You would be exposed to a large variety of clients from FinTech start-ups to mid sized and global financial services businesses across the banking, asset management and insurance sectors.
The successful candidate would have the opportunity to be involved in some of the most important issues currently facing the financial services industry, with high profile experience to be gained and the opportunity to become a broader strategic and commercially minded tax advisor.
Your key responsibilities
As a Senior Manager within the Operational Tax Advisory team you will:
- Focus on the delivery of high quality tax advice to our clients
- Build and maintain relationships both internally and externally
- Manage the successful delivery of projects, ensuring technical excellence and a practical and business driven approach
- Pursue and develop new opportunities in respect of both existing and prospective client
- Manage junior staff members, develop their skills, and contribute to the growth of the team
Skills and attributes for success
- Significant technical tax expertise, including familiarity with current international developments (e.g. BEPS, MDR)
- An ability to work to tight deal deadlines
- Excellent relationship management skills with the ability to manage client expectations
- Excellent written and oral English communication skills
- Pragmatism and the ability to solve problems creatively
- Results orientation and a willingness to take on responsibility
- A strong client focus allied to strategic and commercial awareness
To qualify for the role, you must have
- ACA / CA / Law qualification or equivalent
- Significant operational tax experience strong tax technical skills
- Strong client relationship management skills with ability to develop quality outputs to clients
Ideally, you will also have
- Project management experience
You will be a driven tax professional and will proactively maintain your strong technical knowledge so that you can better advise our clients. The types of project you’ll contribute towards may include:
- Working with clients to meet their compliance and reporting obligations under FATCA and CRS;
- Advising clients on the application of the Qualified Intermediary (“QI”) regime, including the undertaking of QI health checks, periodic reviews and the provision of ad hoc advice;
- Reviewing global withholding tax obligations;
Reviewing operational tax obligations, assessing compliance and
advising on target operating model.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.