Multiple positions: Edinburgh, Glasgow, Manchester and Bristol
Opening date: 29/05/2020
Closing date: 26/06/2020
Multiple roles available #LI-DNI
The rapid evolution of technology and the risks related to this now regularly make headline news. The potential impact from threats ranging from external attacks to internal rogue trading makes the need for Technology Risk an item of Board level concern.
Working with some of the world’s most prestigious Financial Service (FS) organisations you will be an integral part of our IT Risk Assurance (ITRA) team within Technology Risk. Our purpose is to translate uncertainty into confidence so that performance is accelerated. Confidence accelerates performance and our work – primarily IT External Audit Support (known in EY as Financial Audit IT (FAIT), system and organisation control reporting (SOCR), and IT Internal Audit (IA) – provides needed confidence to decision-makers. Our independent assurance and assessment capabilities provide clients with a candid and reliable overview of their technology risk landscape and can be used by our clients to build trust and confidence with investors, management, customers and other key stakeholders or when required by regulation.
As a Technology Risk Senior Manager, you’ll be helping our clients gain the comfort they and their regulators require. That will mean using your technical knowledge of IT risks and controls and your client facing experience to work with EY staff of all grades to provide clients with the assurance or advice they need. Working with some of the world’s most prestigious Financial Service (FS) organisations you will be an integral part of our IT Risk Assurance (ITRA) team within Technology Risk. We are keen to hear from candidates who are looking for a range of flexible working options including part time or job share, reduced days or school hours to fit around your commitments, as well as those looking for full time.
As a Senior Manager you will be an influential member of our IT Risk Assurance (ITRA) team within Technology Risk, and you’ll have the opportunity to work on a range of IT Assurance projects, including Financial Audit IT (FAIT), IT Internal Audit, IT components of Regulatory Reviews (e.g. Section 166, Sarbanes-Oxley section 404, client money, LIBOR, Service Organisation Controls Reporting) within FS. This portfolio also includes engaging with wider Advisory teams on a broad agenda where design or effectiveness reviews over IT controls are required. We’re currently growing our IT Assurance team to help meet increasing market demand, reflected in several years of double digit growth. Our projects typically involve managing multiple stakeholders and require you to give the best advice to our clients using your knowledge and experience to provide the best outcomes.
Your key responsibilities
An important part of your role as a Senior Manager is to establish, maintain and strengthen relationships both internally and in the market, i.e. become a trusted advisor to your clients by assisting with business development activities on strategic and global priority accounts across various sectors (e.g. Banking and Capital Markets, Insurance and Wealth and Asset Management). You’ll help create a positive learning culture and will coach and counsel junior team members to help them develop. In line with our commitment to quality, you'll also have a key role in ensuring exceptional client service and delivery. At the same time as maintaining strong client relationships and delivering high quality outcomes you will need to manage multiple client teams, leading IT internal audit engagements, external audit integration, or SOC reporting to agreed time and cost budgets.
Skills and attributes for success
- Coordinate, plan and deliver IT audit engagements and ICFR procedures, SOC reporting, external audits, internal audits and IT internal controls
- Managing client relationships and expectations
- Excellent project management skills and experience in managing engagement economics, including but not limited to budgeting, billing and fee management
- High quality outcomes and deliverables underpinned by a keen attention to detail
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of business processes and complex information systems and apply knowledge to client situations
- Use extensive knowledge of the client’s business/industry to identify technological developments and evaluate the impacts on the client’s business
- Building relationships with colleagues across the business, supporting them and promoting a collaborative culture and design innovative audit approaches
- The ability to inspire teamwork and responsibility with engagement team members, and use current technology and tools to enhance the effectiveness of deliverables and services
To qualify for the role you must have
- A strong academic background and demonstrable experience in a number of the following areas:
- IT external audit support comparable to our FAIT solution
- IT internal audit
- Third party reporting, e.g. SOC1, AAF 01/06, SOC2
- Experience of the IT elements of regulatory reviews (e.g. S166, client money, Sarbanes Oxley 404 or Basel III)
- IT elements of Supplier Risk Management
- IT project governance and management
- Track record leading and delivering large-scale IT risk and control related engagements for a professional services consultancy firm or a blue-chip organisation to quality, time and cost
- Experience within the FS industry and a sound understanding of the FS technology landscape
- Thorough understanding of UK and EMEIA FS regulatory environment
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Ability to engage with stakeholders and manage cross functional projects
- Ability to manage multiple stakeholder communities with varying levels of experience
- A passion for providing organisations the trust and confidence that will enable them to adopt emerging technologies, manage IT risks and accelerate performance
- A drive for generating new business opportunities by participating in market-facing activities and developing thought leadership materials
- An eagerness and track record in establishing and leading high-performance teams and supporting and coaching individual team members
- Relevant industry certification such as CISA, CISSP, CISM, CGEIT, ITIL, PMP, PRINCE2 or other specialised IT certifications
What we are looking for
You’ll be a trusted business advisor to our clients, specialising within the IT Assurance field, so they’ll look to you to ask and answer the questions nobody else has asked yet and then develop and execute an effective service. If you’re ready to take on a wide range of responsibilities, and are committed to seeking out new ways to make a difference, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
We offer an attractive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most experienced and engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global provider of assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our goal to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.