People Advisory Services (PAS) harnesses the collective power of all or our people – related services into a single integrated global sub-service line of over 10,000 people delivering over $1.4bn in revenue. We provide our clients with a set of integrated services and offerings solving their most pertinent people-related business issues.
PAS has been targeted as an area of significant growth as clients increasingly require advice in building their people’s capabilities at a time when global demand for talent and scare skills is at its highest. As well as attracting and retaining talent, clients are also looking at how they raise overall organisational performance through the entire workforce.
This means building their capabilities, processes and systems in workforce optimisation, inclusion, organisational development and culture.
EY is looking for candidates to undertake data driven analysis to support high profile strategy projects within the Talent function. This Senior Manager role will manage the scoping and delivery of analytics projects by managing diverse teams and organisational design specialists from the Workforce Design & Analytics (WDA) team, onshore and offshore teams from across EY.
The person appointed will work closely with WDA leads, cross service line teams and client teams to design and deliver people led solutions whilst leading deployed delivery teams to synthesise and analyse data in order to build statistical models to provide strategic insights to solve complex client issues.
The team is seeking high-caliber candidates with a specific focus on data management, data investigation and insight, predictive modeling and data visualisation. This is an important position requiring both technical knowledge and business awareness, providing opportunities to continue to contribute to the success of the firm and clients alike.
Our projects include a wide variety of areas, including labour market analysis (regulatory, competitive, economic, etc.), scenario planning, predictive models, econometric forecasts, and other items of strategic and operational importance to the firm.
With the firm’s current focus on meeting Vision 2020+, the WDA team is charged to help achieve a ‘step change’ in the development and execution of our strategic agenda. By leveraging internal data, external data and expertise, the team provides robust, fact-based analysis that focuses on delivering business insights and perspectives to facilitate strategic, operational and tactical discussions among key client accounts.
The team’s role includes acting as a trusted advisor to a number of key client accounts to enable them to make evidence based changes on critical strategic issues across the employee lifecycle e.g. workforce planning, mergers and acquisitions, diversity and inclusion, recruitment etc
- Assessing data coverage and quality
- Defining suitable data history requirements
- Working with our off shore support teams (GDS) to enhance and maintain data used to support our capabilities
Supporting key projects such as workforce forecasting, employee engagement or continous listening data analysis by:
- Liaising with internal clients
- Developing models
- Developing suitable database and reporting systems
- Specifying requirements to our off-shore support teams
- Creating visualisations to explain complex concepts
- Providing advice and best practice
- Working with client leaders across geographies and service lines to further understand their people and business
- Enabling greater insights through engaging with other service lines within the firm (e.g. Tax, Markets)
- Using the results of the analysis to create insightful reports, presentations, models and artefacts
- Developing reporting systems to more widely distribute the results of analysis
- Application and adherence to GDPR, client people data governance and data privacy polices
- Cognisant in the use and application of local data privacy and information security law
- Ability to quickly grasp complex business problems, develop a rational framework for investigating the problems
- Understanding of engagement economics and business finance
- Understand complex data structures, including data analysis and problem solving
- Use and experience of advanced excel and SQL programming to manipulate and manage complex data structures
- Practical knowledge and application of predictive modeling and statistical methods – such as R, Python, SPSS
- Use of data visualiSation and reporting systems such as Power BI, Tableau or Spotfire
- Comfort in a rapidly changing environment with competing and shifting priorities
- The ability to deal with and manage uncertainty and incomplete information
- Good verbal skills as well as communication and interpretation skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and initiatives simultaneously
- Ability to work well in a high performing team environment
- High degree of professionalism and integrity
- Strategic, operational and tactical workforce planning experience within a large, complex, multinational organisation is desirable, but not essential
- A primary degree and any post graduate degrees and professional qualifications are desirable but not critical e.g. CIPD
- Experience of working on projects within a professional services firm, global consultancy firm and/or large private and/or public sector organisations
- Be professional, quickly establishing personal credibility and demonstrating expertise
- Have strong personal impact and resilience, and be able to influence and persuade clients and other stakeholders to gain support for major changes and key changes
- Take a practical approach to solving issues and gaining client agreement
- Be able to analyse complex problems and to deliver insightful, practical and sustainable solutions
- Be skilled in facilitating and encouraging collaboration amongst team members, and capable of motivating teams to maximise performance
- Be effective in recognising and managing potential issues during client engagements
We have many clients from various sectors talking to us about how can they assess, attract and nurture talent engagingly in varying contexts.
We are looking for candidates who can demonstrate real impact within various areas for our clients. We require people who can build our service offerings, understand client needs, grow our internal capability and connect effectively across our global PAS to maximise our global knowledge and experience in supporting clients to build their talent pool.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes assistance for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is a global professional services organisation providing advisory, assurance, tax and transaction services. We are dedicated to doing our part in building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. And we are united by our shared values and a dedication to delivering exceptional client service
We make sure our people succeed. The networks you build and the experiences you have with us will help define and accelerate the rest of your career. Last year in the UK, nearly 2,000 of our people were promoted or progressed within their grade, and we are significantly increasing the number of partners in the UK. So, when you build something better at EY, we make sure you’re rewarded.
Our People Advisory Services practice has over 10,000 practitioners operating within a globally integrated team, bringing their skills, insights and experience to support our clients.
Driven by our focused insight and innovation, PAS is best positioned to advise and influence our client’s activities at senior leadership level to respond to the scale and complexity of how and where our clients work globally, making us the trusted advisor of choice to our clients and creating more opportunities for our people. As a result, we’re continually seeking new markets, new perspectives and better ways to deliver value.
EY is dedicated to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark.