Audit Senior Manager - Luton
About the Opportunity
Are you good at seeing the big picture? Then join EY to gain experiences that will last a lifetime.
We’re looking for an Audit Senior Manager with specialist audit knowledge to join our team as we are experiencing tremendous growth.
EY has three main objectives in the UK and the ambition for Assurance reflect the firm’s wider 2020 vision. We aim to double our business by 2020, and own 25% of the Big 4 Audit Market. We’re determined to be the most favoured employer, known for the diversity and richness of experience that working at EY can offer. But more than these things, we’re committed to building a better working world — for our clients, our people and our communities.
You and your high-performing team will inspire confidence in the validity and integrity of financial statements, and the information and processes behind them. If you have the ambition to be a leader in the field, and the idea of working in a Big 4 firm with a global growth vision appeals to you, then the time you spend at EY will shape your career for years to come.
EY is a global professional services organisation providing advisory, assurance, tax and transaction services. We are committed to doing our part in building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. And we are united by our shared values and a dedication to delivering exceptional client service
We have ambitious goals for 2020. Globally, we want to be #1 or #2 in professional services and be the best brand. To achieve this, our teams need to perform at the highest level, and have a relentless focus on delivering the excellent client service that will help us to continue to grow and become the market leader. In this context, your career will develop and grow.
We make sure our people succeed. The networks you build and the experiences you have with us will help define and accelerate the rest of your career. Last year in the UK, nearly 2,000 of our people were promoted or progressed within their grade, and we are significantly increasing the number of partners in the UK. So when you build something better at EY, we make sure you’re rewarded.
In your role as a Senior Manager you will have responsibility for:
- Delivering value to the client by providing knowledge, ideas and solutions for improving the business, assess legal implications.
- Ensuring engagements are executed in accordance with the firm's methodologies and guidance, professional standards, and local legal and regulatory requirements
- Leading and coordinating the planning and management of assignments in an effective and efficient manner.
- Securing and enhancing relationships with senior client management.
- Being a pro-active leader of teams, ensure team members are properly managed and motivated and ensure staff needs, including training and development, are identified and acted upon.
You will have knowledge and experience of the following:
- Proven experience in leading a number of major external audit and assurance engagements (FTSE 100 ideal)
- Excellent technical expertise with proven industry knowledge in energy.
- ACA/CA/ACCA (ICAEW, ICAS, Irish Institute or equivalent international qualification) -preferably first time passes
- Project/financial management skills, ensure multiple projects are completed on an accurate and timely basis and within budget
- Significant involvement in developing and delivering all services to clients
- Team and peer leadership skills