EY’s Financial Services (FS) Tax practice provides tax advisory, transactions and compliance services to a variety of clients in the Financial Services market ranging from some of the world's largest multinational institutions, corporations and funds. The US compliance reporting team continues to experience growth due to strong client demand from London based clients.
Our London based team of US-qualified tax professional are a growing practice of 50+ individuals focused on providing excellent client service to the asset management industry including real estate, private equity and hedge funds and their management companies. The team is highly dynamic and is looking for motivated, energetic and collaborative individuals to join the team in London.
Your key responsibilities
We are currently looking for experienced US compliance tax advisors to join the team.
The role will involve overseeing hedge fund and private equity US tax compliance processes for your clients with appropriate consideration of risk, operational, and tax technical issues. Researching US tax legislation and explaining the impact to asset management clients will be required as part of your contribution to tax consulting projects. Working within a team you will be expected to coach new staff members and share knowledge and experience when required.
Skills and attributes for success
- Experience reviewing partnership allocations (including and understanding of revaluation accounts).
- Willingness to learn new concepts with minimal guidance.
- Positive attitude and willingness to be a team player.
- Excellent time management skills.
To qualify for the role, you must have
- Current CPA, EA or similar qualification preferred (if qualifications not completed, progress towards) or Degree/Masters degree in accounting or taxation (or equivalent).
- Background in financial services, ideally working with hedge fund and private equity clients in a US tax capacity.
- In-depth knowledge of Go Systems (or similar) tax preparation software.
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Experience with hedge fund securities analysis tools.
- Experience in preparing and reviewing partnership tax returns and Schedules K-1.
- Knowledge of corporate and international tax returns and related US tax laws.
- Experience working in cross-border teams. -P
What we look for
- Team player; ability to integrate with new teams quickly
- Outgoing with good relationship skills and the ability to deliver quality output
- Excellent communicator in range of situations both written and oral
- Change orientated with flexible approach
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.