The Head of Education and Creative Services will play a key leadership role in driving new business at Foundry, by understanding what our education and commercial clients require to help them meet the growing need for talent. With a passion for education and creative industries, you will lead a team responsible for delivering content and training to win new customers and accelerate the adoption of Foundry products. This is a strategic role reporting directly to the Chief Customer Officer.
In Education, you will be responsible for building and growing Foundry’s offering to students, graduates and educational institutions, which is both a direct source of revenue and a critical enabler for the company’s long-term growth. You will set the go-to-market strategy within Education, and partner with our Marketing and Sales teams to deliver growth.
In Creative Services, you will manage a team of experienced VFX and Animation artists based in Europe, Americas and APAC. The members of this team act as external advocates for our products - they support customers both pre and post-sales, and prepare content for training and marketing. You will be responsible for setting this team’s objectives, allocating their time, and communicating their strategy and priorities to the wider organisation.
- Own the education vision, mission and strategy to serve students and education institutions, existing and potential customers
- Develop an annual plan aligned with company objectives, including market research and suggestions for growing and improving Foundry’s education offering
- Oversee the creation of all educational content, curriculum, video tutorials, and training material
- Partner with Marketing to support the creation of sales collateral for the portfolio
- Manage and develop a global team of Creative Specialists with the support of territory managers for EMEA, Americas, and APAC
- Partner with Sales leaders to ensure the Creative Specialists’ team objectives and priorities are aligned and the Creative Specialists are available for key pre-sales and post-sales engagements
- Determine overall plan and priorities for Creative Specialist team, resolve resource conflicts across teams, and act as escalation point
- Lead expansion in new markets as well as continued growth from existing clients
- Develop and foster positive and professional relationships with customers, partners and key associations, attending and speaking on behalf of the company at events and trade shows
- Partner with Marketing leaders to devise campaign strategy, marketing materials and tools to support the education program and new business growth targets
- Partner with Sales territory owners in EMEA, Americas and APAC to support sales growth and build relationships with our largest education customers
- Manage interdepartmental relationships to ensure all parts of the business are aligned to and can support the education program objectives
- Analyze existing approaches and components of the education program making changes where appropriate to the strategy and execution to support the delivery of the overall revenue target
- Communicate Education and Creative Services plans and priorities to the broader organisation
- Responsible for performance development, mentoring and career development for all team members
- Manage department budget and optimises investment of team resources based on ROI analysis
THE ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS.
- Experience in marketing or product marketing
- Proven expertise in planning, executing and leading business strategy
- Creative instinct and ability to think laterally about new business planning
- Commercially astute with an eye for return on investment and profitability
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Skilled in project management
- Extraordinary attention to detail and ability to deliver the highest quality of work
- Capacity to juggle multiple priorities effectively within a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work collaboratively and adaptive to working with all business functionsProven management and leadership experience
- Ability to travel as needed
THE DESIRED REQUIREMENTS.
- Experience in the creative industries (and specifically media and entertainment)
- Experience managing a globally dispersed team
- Experience in selling to, or partnering with, education institutions
- MBA or similar qualification
THE PERKS & BENEFITS.
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Pension scheme & life assurance
- Health cash plan & medical insurance
- Season ticket loan
- Company’s social events
- Beer O’Clock Fridays
- Gym Discounts
- Learning & development plans
- Foundry’s discount & saving scheme
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Foundry develops creative software for the digital design, media and entertainment industries. With a 20-year heritage and a portfolio of award-winning products, Foundry advances the art and technology of visual experience in partnership with creative leaders around the globe.
Clients and partners include major feature film studios and post-production houses such as Pixar, ILM, MPC, Walt Disney Animation, Weta Digital, DNEG, and Framestore as well as automotive, footwear, apparel and technology companies such as Mercedes, New Balance, Adidas and Google. Foundry partners with these companies to solve complex visualization challenges to turn incredible ideas into reality.
The company’s products are used to create breathtaking visual effects sequences on a wide range of feature films, video-on-demand, television and commercials. Foundry software was integral in the making of every VFX Oscar-winning film, award-winning TV shows and commercials for more than a decade.
Founded in 1996, Foundry is headquartered in London, with 300 staff and a presence in the US, China, Japan, Australia and Europe. In 2015, the London Stock Exchange named Foundry one of the “1000 Companies to Inspire Britain.” It regularly features in The Sunday Times’ Tech Track as one of Britain’s fastest-growing private technology companies.
For more information visit www.foundry.com.