For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercialises innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead’s therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer, inflammation and serious respiratory conditions.
For more information please visit Gilead.com
An exciting opportunity has arisen within the ACE Commercial Intelligence team for an Associate Director Business Analytics & Market Research supporting the ACE Commercial Intelligence and Inflammation teams within Commercial Operations at Stockley Park.
The candidate should have extensive experience of market research, forecasting and analytics within the pharmaceutical industry. The role will be focused on the RA indication, but will also provide support for IBD during the forecasting period.
Specific Job Requirements
- In partnership with the Inflammation TA lead and team and Finance colleagues, gathers the RA forecasts, supports the reviews and challenges affiliates’ assumptions during the LE forecasting cycle; provides insight and analysis and develops material for presentation to senior management:
- Co-develops Commercial guidance together with TA lead, FP&A business partner and Market Access
- Attends, and provides input to, various LE meeting
- Consolidates affiliates’ forecasts across the region and challenges as required
- Co-develops regional story together with TA lead and FP&A business partner
- Gathers data and analyzes the dynamics of the market, new competitors, and drivers and barriers in order to create/consolidate the forecast for Europe, Australia and Canada for indications such as UC or CD.
- Analyzes impact of portfolio, new competitors, LoE
- Understands differences per key market (esp. EU5 countries)
- Collaborates with global colleagues to provide input and assumptions for the Inflammation long-range plan (mainly for RA, supporting for UC and CD).
- Provides ongoing support to regional and affiliate stakeholders, including development and alignment of KPIs across the region, running ATU and measuring key internal metrics to understand the success of launch readiness.
- Owns data and reporting needs for Inflammation and develops analyses and insights to support the Commercial team and associated Marketing strategies, e.g. updates on product performance
- Develops insights and prepares material in preparation for the launch of a new product in RA market.
Provide evidence-based insights to drive strategic objectives:
- Works closely with the Inflammation cross-functional team, including Commercial, Medical, Finance and Legal, to develop forward-looking Market Research plans for ACE based on key business needs.
- Drives research insights across various stakeholders and workstreams to ensure evidence-based decision making and full utilization of market research results.
- Works with the Inflammation TA lead and team to understand the implications of Market Research insights for Gilead’s business and supports the team to develop and establish strategic plans and objectives.
- Develops and manages execution of Demand Estimation research for a new product to be launched in different indications.
Manage day-to-day market research process:
- Independently leads projects, coordinating input from the cross-functional team to scope, design and manage the execution of qualitative and quantitative Market Research studies.
- Selects the appropriate Market Research agencies through a rigorous ‘Request for Proposal’ process and ensures delivery to time, quality and budget.
- Collaborates with primary and secondary Market Research agencies to collect data and develop insights to inform market understanding, business decisions, analytics and forecasting.
- Interprets Market Research outputs and effectively communicates the results to a range of internal stakeholders at all levels of the organization, ensuring insights are actionable, impactful and reach a wide audience.
- Anticipates upcoming business questions and ensures that Commercial Intelligence inputs are planned and provided on a timely basis.
- Works together with affiliate and global Market Research teams to align deliverables and avoid duplication.
- Co-leads Inflammation insights and analytics network across ACE, sharing outputs and fostering collaboration through monthly calls and quarterly meetings.
- Attends and presents at ACE Inflammation Brand Team and Business Unit Director meetings.
- Inputs and contributes to International Market Research & Analytics Team (IMRT) and Commercial Operations Network calls and meetings.
- Provides ad hoc support to senior management as required, e.g. Inflammation Steering Committee, Commercial Advisory Board.
Knowledge, Experience & Skills
- Educated to degree level or above
- Extensive experience conducting qualitative and quantitative primary and secondary market research in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Extensive experience of forecasting and analytics in the pharmaceutical industry
- Experience in specialty markets and in-depth knowledge of sales and marketing organizations and pharmaceutical data sources, e.g. IQVIA
- Experience in Inflammation or in one or more of Gilead's other core markets of liver diseases, HIV, oncology/haematology and hospital-based anti-fungals preferred.
- Capable of building analytical models to evaluate business situations and provide recommendations.
- Ability to assume full responsibility for accuracy and reliability of complex analyses.
- Ability to translate marketing strategy questions into actionable Market Research projects and be able to challenge and support commercial teams to formulate their needs.
- Strong project management skills - planning, prioritization, organizational ability, objective setting, meeting management and plan execution; making things happen and quickly is important in this role.
- Able to prioritize and utilize limited resources to manage multiple and/or conflicting requests from a variety of internal customers, manage peak workload periods and ad hoc requests.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to interact cross-functionally and at all levels of the organization.
- Well-developed leadership skills with an ability to set a vision, exercise sound business judgment and clear decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to efficiently and productively communicate both orally and in writing.
- High attention to detail together with an ability to understand the 'big picture'.
- Proactive, self-starter with the ability to learn quickly.
- Has an opinion, is a part of the team that decides on commercial strategy, and is not just a provider of information.
Specific Requirements – Business Analytics
- In-depth knowledge of MS Excel and business intelligence systems and tools and their application in the pharmaceutical industry.
Specific Requirements – Forecasting
- Knowledge of and experience in forecast modeling techniques and the application to a particular business problem.
- Experience in developing forecasts for similar products or therapeutic areas preferred.
The ideal candidate will align with Gilead’s core values of Integrity, Teamwork, Excellence, Accountability and Inclusion.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
It is the policy of Gilead Sciences, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively "Gilead" or the "Company") to recruit select and employ the most qualified persons available for positions throughout the Company. Except if otherwise provided by applicable law, all employment actions relating to issues such as compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, returns from layoffs, company-sponsored training, education assistance, social and recreational programs are administered on a non-discriminatory basis (i.e. without regard to protected characteristics or prohibited grounds, which may include an individual’s gender, race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, veteran status, and age, unless such protection is prohibited by federal, state, municipal, provincial, local or other applicable laws). Gilead also prohibits discrimination based on any other characteristics protected by applicable laws.
For Current Gilead Employees and
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.