For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
The Advanced Analytics team within Gilead’s Commercial Operations organization will be responsible for predicting and measuring the impact of promotional tactics to ensure an optimal marketing mix across tactics and brands and driving analytics innovation across Commercial Operations including piloting new AI/predictive analytics techniques. This new role will initially lead a team of 2 and will report to the Executive Director, Commercial Analytics & Forecasting. This role will interact frequently with senior and executive management.
The individual in this role must leverage a broad and deep skill set (functional expertise, therapeutic area knowledge, communication skills, leadership and influencing, executive presence, etc.) to help drive the success of Advanced Analytics work across a variety of key stakeholders – including business unit and brand marketing leads, peer functional leads within Commercial Operations, and executive leadership.
Specific responsibilities include:
Tactic Measurement and Marketing Mix:
- Lead consistent measurement and optimization of promotional tactics across Gilead’s
portfolio. Will be responsible for consolidating work previously performed across several
Commercial Operations functions into a central COE. Oversee, set agenda, and provide
support and guidance to team in:
- Collaborating with brand marketing leadership to establish an annual measurement charter for each brand, considering the full range of patient/consumer and HCP-directed brand tactics planned for the year.
- Performing dedicated tactic measurement projects to understand ROI for individual large spend tactics (e.g., DTC campaigns)
- Performing marketing mix and pathway modeling projects to attribute impact across tactics and understand tactic interactions
- Developing detailed insights on tactic execution (e.g., audience quality) and early indicators of tactic impact to enable adaptation of tactical plans throughout the year (e.g., media and channel optimization)
- Drive continuous improvement in tactic measurement and marketing mix including piloting innovative measurement and predictive techniques and ensuring integration of measurement insights into forecasting.
AI/Predictive Analytics Innovation Lab:
- Lead innovation in the use of new AI and predictive analytics techniques to improve
efficiency and effectiveness of US Commercial strategy and operations, coordinating across all
Commercial Operations teams. Will be responsible for establishing a central AI/predictive
analytics COE and providing guidance to the COE lead in:
- Collaborating with business unit and brand marketing leadership as well as peer Commercial Operations teams (Sales Analytics, Market Research, Marketing Ops, Commercial Learning & Development) to identify business use cases for application of AI and new analytics approaches (e.g., next best action, dynamic targeting, patient journey prediction, local marketing mix optimization, integrated multi-channel marketing, personalized training)
- Conducting rapid prototyping exercises (“hackathons”) and pilot implementations to test out AI/predictive analytics solutions to identified and prioritized use cases
- Collaborating with IT, business, and Commercial Operations stakeholders to lead scale-up/ full implementation of AI/predictive analytics systems as well as hand-off of operations to the appropriate Commercial Operations functional teams.
- Ensure Gilead stays abreast of innovative analytics approaches through partnerships with leading vendors, encouraging conference attendance and guest speakers, and generally promoting an atmosphere of innovation across the team.
Leadership, Influence and Communication:
- Lead a team of professionals, maintaining an environment consistent with Gilead’s core values, fostering and actively supporting individual development, and recruiting new talent
- Set an expectation and goal to serve as a trusted advisor to business unit leads and partners/stakeholders across the organization; develop team to in all cases focus on the business need, extract and deliver key insights and implications for Gilead, and tailor and present findings appropriately to maximize relevance and impact
- Collaborate effectively with senior leaders across multiple functions and business units
- Communicate complex dynamics/challenges in a clear and concise manner to senior leaders
- Provide recommendations with objective and actionable insights to senior and executive management
- Navigate organizational complexity effectively in a professional manner
- Demonstrate strong Gilead core values – Integrity, Excellence, Accountability, Teamwork and Inclusion
Knowledge, experience, and skills:
- BS degree or higher in life sciences or medicine (or equivalent); Advanced degrees desirable
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in a biotechnology or pharmaceutical company is desirable; relevant experience in biopharmaceutical-focused marketing consulting would also be considered
- Evidence of team and project leadership (interaction with cross-functional partners, conflict resolution, and consensus-driving) and project management (planning, prioritization, objective setting, meeting management, and plan execution) is required
- Strong prior experience in biotech/pharma marketing analytics, tactic measurement, and marketing mix is required
- Experience in and passion for applying innovative analytic techniques to business problems, including predictive analytics and AI is highly desired
- Prior experience building a team, defining new roles, and driving successful COE implementation is highly desired
- Strong communication/influencing skills and executive presence required
- A foundation of experience in one or more of Gilead’s key therapeutic areas (HIV, liver disease, oncology, inflammation) is desirable
- Proven experience communicating complicated analytics simply and clearly for senior management is required
- Deep understanding of biotech/pharma market trends, best practices to enable forward looking plans
- Proven history of working and delivering on multiple projects simultaneously, with tight deadlines and changing priorities is required
- Strong ability to use Microsoft Office (specifically PowerPoint and Excel) to present quantitative data in graphical form is required
- Passionate about the function
For jobs in the United
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the ‘EEO is the Law’ poster.
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.