For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
The successful candidate will be an experienced analyst with a strong track record of
Hands-on business analytics, data science, and technical skills-sets with successful delivery and quantification of results. Adopting innovation in tools, processes, techniques to optimize analysis and delivery of results. Experience in working across a diverse set of stakeholders to achieve mission objectives and results. Experience across various pharmaceutical or biopharmaceutical data assets (Global preferred) and integration/analysis of these assets. Effectively managing complex and ambiguous projects, influence stakeholders without authority, and effectively network across the organization
Reporting to the Senior Director, Global Advanced Analytics and Reporting, this role will be responsible for supporting key initiatives of Global Commercial Operations across all Gilead Therapeutic Areas and commercial regions (current and upcoming).
Essential Duties and Job Functions:
Specific responsibilities include but will not be limited to the following:
- Support the Senior Director of Advanced Analytics and Reporting across key data analytics and reporting initiatives for GA&I (Global Analytics and Insights)
- Developing and leading the capability build-out of Global Commercial Reporting, and the underlying Data Systems to support both Global Reporting and Advanced Analytics.
- Global Commercial Reporting
- Management of Global Commercial Reporting processes and systems, which include monthly commercial goal tracking, and Quarterly commercial business review deliverables.
- Consolidate Global and Regional data analytics inputs at an asset and therapeutic area level and be a voice for their requirements with IT and across other internal and external stakeholders.
- Definition of business rules and quantitative commercial KPIs, and implementation of automated data analytics, reporting, and integration processes
- Suggest and Implement enhancements to current monthly and quarterly deliverables
Secondary Data Analytics for Pipeline Assets and Indications
- Interface with the team to ensure development of appropriate data and analytics to support decision analytics and forecasts development across assets and Therapeutic Areas.
- Evaluation, recommendation, and integration of internal and external data assets in the Global Commercial Data systems (working with IT and other stakeholders)
- Conduct analysis of data sources, and 3rd party systems/solutions to develop POV for Pipeline assets based on secondary data sources.
- Able to design, structure, conduct, and QC analysis independently without vendor support.
- Project manage multiple analytics and data requests across GA&I leads, in support for various assets of therapeutic areas.
- Coordinate between internal Gilead stakeholders and vendors to obtain access to data assets, systems, and tool-sets.
- Provide oversight of vendors conducting analysis across GA&I to ensure consistency in rules, quality of outputs and deliverables, standardization of approaches and business rules, and advancement of the groups analytics capability maturity.
- Interface with Worldwide Commercial leadership, Regional Commercial Operations leads, Finance leads, and IT as required to ensure success
- Monitor trends in global healthcare markets and communicate implications for the Commercial organization, especially around data analytics, data sources and key performance indicators.
- Exemplify Gilead core values of integrity, accountability, teamwork, excellence, and inclusion.
- Individual need to be a self-starter, have the ability to self-motivate, have a sense of urgency, and instil a sense of urgency in stakeholders to achieve results.
Skills and experience:
- 5+ years’ experience working in the biopharmaceutical and/or health care industry in
Commercial data analytics, systems capability development, and reporting roles with increasing
responsibilities and accountabilities.
- Experience with data science, statistics, modelling both in theory and practice
- Experience within a Pharmaceutical Commercial department or Pharmaceutical consulting with analytics, project management and customer service
- Understand core data systems and processes related to Commercial Operations and Analytics
- Experience with real world data, patient level data, and global data
- Demonstrated ability developing long-term reporting/data/systems strategies across a range of Commercial topics and customer types (e.g., physicians, patients, payers, etc.).
- Strong leadership and self-direction, comfort and experience tackling very ambiguous and complex problems. Must be able to lead others as well as do own work.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to lead, interact with, focus, negotiate, resolve conflict and drive consensus among individuals from a variety of cultures and disciplines.
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to efficiently and productively communicate both orally and in writing, experience presenting before executive staff.
- Proven ability to lead collaborative and creative problem solving and overcome resistance or barriers.
- Demonstrated excellence in program management, project management, change management and effectively managing multiple projects/priorities.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Must be expert in PowerPoint and be able to demonstrate the ability to produce own presentation materials of extremely high quality.
- Proficiency in key technologies (cloud, analytics/reporting visualization, SQL, etc.) is required. Candidate is expected to validate technical work outputs produced.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or Data Analytics required
- Knowledge and experience in one or more franchise-specific markets (e.g., oncology, infectious diseases, liver diseases and inflammation).
- Preferably, but not mandatory Knowledge of pharmaceutical Commercial Sales and Prescription data from external vendors including IMS Health, Symphony Health, Fingertip Formulary, etc.
- Experience in global markets (e.g. EU, Japan, other Rest of World).
- Prior experience in IT or Technology/Analytics is desirable.
- Experience in other Commercial roles (marketing, sales, market access, etc.) is desirable.
- Experience interfacing or working with Finance, IT and other related functions.
- MBA or Master/Advanced degree in Computer Science or Data Analytics is highly desired.
For jobs in the United
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the ‘EEO is the Law’ poster.
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.