For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
Associate Director, Human Resources Compliance and Inclusion
Foster City, CA
About the Company
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company founded in 1987. Together we deliver life-saving therapies to patients in need. With the commitment and drive you bring to the workplace every day, you will be part of a team that is changing the world and helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives. Our worldwide staff is a close community where you can see the tangible results of your contributions, where every individual matters, and everyone has a chance to enhance their skills through ongoing development. Our scientific focus has resulted in marketed products that are benefiting hundreds of thousands of people, a pipeline of late-stage drug candidates, and unmatched patient access programs to ensure medications are available to those who could otherwise not afford them. By joining Gilead, you will further our mission to address unmet medical needs and improve life by advancing the care of patients with life-threatening diseases
About the Role
We are seeking an Associate Director – HR Compliance and Inclusion, to partner with Talent Development and Inclusion Leadership, Legal, HR Business Partners, Total Rewards and HR Operations to drive compliance and inclusion for Gilead. You will be accountable for delivering critical compliance data such as Affirmative Action Plans (AAP), EEO-1 and Veterans records to meet tight deadlines. In addition, you will lead and support critical projects related to this area. Your significant contribution will enhance the overall experience for our candidates, recruiters and business stakeholders.
Reporting to the Senior Director, Talent Acquisition, Programs, Operations and Mobility the Associate Director HR Compliance and Inclusion will serve as a key strategic partner to the TA Leadership Team supporting the development of our business and operational plans across multiple functions and supporting geographies worldwide.
This is an opportunity to make an impact while being part of a historically significant company that is making a difference to the lives of millions of people around the world.
- Accountability for managing Gilead’s compliance with relevant statutory and contractual obligations with such programs (including but not limited to) AAP and OFCCP and HR records management
- Collaborate closely with I&D Partners and support them on initiative and lead on compliance areas.
- Provides guidance and support to TA colleagues and, HRBP’s and HR C of E partners pertaining to HR Compliance related issues
- Manages and co-ordinates all activities relating to AAP and EEO reporting cycles
- Establishes and operationalizes reporting governance to accurately maintain data, meeting both the needs of US and other geographical reporting requirements
- Assists in training programs regarding other OFCCP compliance
- In consultation and partnership with Gilead’s employment law group, keep s abreast of changes in laws regulations and guidelines, shares information appropriately and ensures proper HR ownership for compliance as they relate to laws including AAP and OFCCP
- Collaborates within Gilead on interactions with external agencies e.g. OFCCP, to provide requested information, respond to all audit notifications and reporting requirements and ensures compliance with OFCCP deadlines
- Reviews information and calls attention to areas of concern or potential areas of improvement.
- Keeps current with government regulatory reports and programs, such as affirmative action and EEO reporting
- Works across HR, the Employment Law group and other stakeholders to disseminate key information to Managers and employees regarding policy and program compliance
- Promotes understanding and ensures practical adherence to AAP
- Review ad hoc reports regarding employment, recruiting and other relevant statistics
- Partner with HR Analytics Team to review trends, present findings / conclusions to management
- Serve as subject matter expert on various committees for state and corporate wide HR projects
- Execute best course of action based on analysis of data and recommendations from C of E members and the employment law group
- Bachelor’s degree and several years of progressively responsible human resources experience including a good understanding of company HR compliance programs i.e. AAP and OFCCP
- Knowledge of recruiting and employment practices, federal and state employment laws
- Understanding of Affirmative Action Plans, plan completion and plan audit
- Strong facilitation and negotiation skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of records and personal information
- Some experience with organizational design and business process
- Program Management, development, change management and communications experience
- Ability to build and maintain business partnerships
- Experience of managing HR projects of significant size and scope
- Ability to access, diagnose and plan whilst proactively involving the appropriate parties
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills; Ability to consult with and present to senior HR leaders;
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Workday
- Ability to effectively prioritize and multitask in a global, fast pace dynamic environment
- Coaching, training, facilitation and presentation skills essential
- Strong team player and ability to work independently
- Biopharma experience preferred but not required.
- A business partner with the experience and confidence necessary to work with senior executives, and HR leaders, and employees at all levels to deliver results.
- Role model for Gilead core values and ways of working in all actions.
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. In
order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the
Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of
the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job
application process may contact email@example.com for assistance. For more information about equal employment
opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law poster.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Apply online today at www.gilead.com/careers.
For jobs in the United
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the ‘EEO is the Law’ poster.
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.