For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
HR Business Partner, Nordics
Based in Solna, Sweden
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercialises innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead’s therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Over 25 Years of Growth
Gilead was founded in 1987 in Foster City, California and has become a leading biopharmaceutical company with a rapidly expanding product portfolio, growing pipeline of investigational drugs and over 7,000 employees in offices across six continents. Today, Gilead’s research and development effort is the largest it has ever been, with more than 200 clinical studies evaluating compounds with the potential to become the next generation of innovative therapies for HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious
To maintain its outstanding pace of growth, Gilead has established a lean and fast moving business model focused on the following key principles:
- Creating high value medicines that have the potential to save or improve lives every day
- Innovative research dedicated to advancing the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases (e.g., HIV, hep-C, oncology, inflammatory disease, respiratory and cardiovascular illness)
- Excellent people and leadership; decision-making and leadership are based objectively on science and evidence
- Responsibility and accountability; providing access to its life-saving medicines regardless of where people are living
Reporting to the Regional HR Director, this role leads HR for Gilead Nordics and will be a key member of the country leadership team. Nordics is business based in Solna, Sweden with revenues bigger than $100m, and has approx. 60 employees who are based in Sweden, Denmark, Norway and Finland, set to grow over the coming period.
The majority of staff in the affiliates are sales & marketing oriented, and the affiliate also has Medical Affairs, Regulatory Affairs, Legal & Finance functions. Whilst the GM has full day-to-day responsibility for running all aspects of the business, Gilead is a functionally aligned organisation with the non-sales & marketing staff reporting to their function heads in Stockley Park.
By the very nature of a rapidly growing and highly demanding business, the demands upon the HR function will be wide and varied. Leaders set demanding performance expectations for their businesses and will expect the same from HR; balancing pragmatic solutions, flawless execution and the ability to partner & challenge effectively. At the same time, and consistent with the overall culture at Gilead, this role will require someone who is very comfortable in being hands-on.
As part of the evolution of our HR Model in EMEA, Gilead has established a central HR team in Stockley Park, with Centres of Excellence in Talent Acquisition, Total Reward, and Learning & Development, Employee Relations as well as a shared service centre. Consequently, this role will ideally suit a self-starting team player who understands how to successfully operate through a matrix model, build strong international networks, and is an advocate of high performance business.
- Operating as both an internal consultant & account manager, will be responsible for successful delivery of world-wide, EMEA & regional HR initiatives (e.g. talent mapping, succession planning, recognition), as well as owning HR service delivery for the affiliate.
- Works closely with the General Manager & leadership team providing proactive HR leadership and consulting to enhance employee commitment & engagement.
- Designs & delivers HR programmes to support business objectives.
- Reviews operational HR processes to ensure they are fit for purpose, recommending & implementing changes as appropriate.
- Implements programs in accordance with company-wide human resources policies and procedures.
- Advises managers and employees on HR policy and process matters (including managing employee relation issues), making or recommending appropriate decisions consistent with employment legislation and Gilead policies.
- In partnership with Learning & Development, manages training needs analysis, role development, and coaching to build capability. Provides support in building cross functional and high performing teams.
- While not necessarily the subject matter expert in each HR specialty area, must be able to discuss the fundamental issues of the HR functional areas (learning & development, reward, resourcing, change etc.) with management.
- Develops and conducts presentations to employees and managers on a variety of HR subjects.
- Build relationships with key suppliers internally & externally e.g. centres of excellence, shared service centre, legal specialists, coaches etc.
- Manages an HR budget.
- Excellent consulting, stakeholder management & communication skills; strong relationship builder.
- Must be able to exercise judgment and demonstrate the confidence to act independently where appropriate.
- Experience in people/management development; strong coach – with leadership teams, high potentials and managers on dealing with HR issues.
- Commercial awareness.
- Acts as an advocate of HR, promoting the HR brand, employee brand & company values (accountability, excellence, teamwork, integrity).
- Ability to operate in an international matrix environment.
- Combination of resilience & intellectual rigour.
- Passionate about customer service & service delivery.
- Comfortable to challenge the status quo to drive the businesses forward.
- Process orientation, attention to detail & project management skills.
- Strong and efficient execution on core processes & transactional activity to ensure appropriate controls are embedded in the business.
- Able to prioritize work and balance between affiliate well
- Able to work across geographies and with different cultural backgrounds to provide remote & on-site HR support.
- Willingness to travel up to 20%
- Profound understanding of local work law and ability to interlink professionally with external lawyers to drive critical topics
- Fluent in Swedish and English
- Degree or diploma in an HR-related discipline.
- MBA or other post-graduate qualification desirable.
- Relevant experience within Human Resources.
- Requires an in depth knowledge and understanding of Human Resources legislation/employment law, principles, policies, and procedures, with experience of operating in at least one of the target markets.
- Ideal candidates will either have prior experience of leveraging shared service / CoE models, or be highly engaged in making this model deliver maximum impact
- Work in high-growth, lean organisation and Pharma/biotech experience is desirable, as is an understanding of how commercial/sales & marketing operations work & their key business drivers.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
It is the policy of Gilead Sciences, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively "Gilead" or the "Company") to recruit select and employ the most qualified persons available for positions throughout the Company. Except if otherwise provided by applicable law, all employment actions relating to issues such as compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, returns from layoffs, company-sponsored training, education assistance, social and recreational programs are administered on a non-discriminatory basis (i.e. without regard to protected characteristics or prohibited grounds, which may include an individual’s gender, race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, veteran status, and age, unless such protection is prohibited by federal, state, municipal, provincial, local or other applicable laws). Gilead also prohibits discrimination based on any other characteristics protected by applicable laws.
For Current Gilead Employees and
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.