For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
Working at Gilead:
With the commitment and drive you bring to the Pharmaceutical Development & Manufacturing (PDM) workplace, you will be part of a team that is changing the world and helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives. You will see the tangible results of your contributions, where every individual matters, and everyone has a chance to enhance their skills through on-going development. Our scientific focus has resulted in marketed products that are benefiting hundreds of thousands of people, a pipeline of late-stage drug candidates, and unmatched patient access programs to ensure medications are available to those who could otherwise not afford them. By joining PDM at Gilead, you will further our mission to address unmet medical needs and improve life by advancing the care of patients with life-threatening diseases.
Specific Responsibilities for the Position:
The Associate Director for PDM Project Management is responsible for executing the operating model for the PMO project management office. This individual will work closely with the project management department and cross-functional teams to ensure clarity of strategy, to manage across projects/programs, and to facilitate communication across all parties.
The position will consist of the following main duties:
Champions and enhances the standard best practices in Program and Portfolio Management, including the use of templates, tools, and processes to drive efficiency, alignment, and effective planning
- Ensures project management department’s work complies with established practices, policies, and processes
- Adapts program management processes across programs
- Manages the continuous improvement of project management practices
- Oversees the PM training program and creates a performance-based culture through accountability, coaching and mentoring of staff
- Develops team members ensuring goals and measurements are consistent with the priorities of the business
- Facilitates team level decision-making and escalates key decisions
Manages the internal governance process and structure which includes cross functional committees to ensure transparency, effective communication, and adherence to good decision-making principles
- Proactively monitors portfolio to ensure communication on project/program strategy, status, critical path activities, resource requirements, risks and mitigation strategies are identified early and communicated effectively to senior management
- Participates in the review of the project review materials and other strategy documents to ensure messaging is clear and concisely communicated
- Establishes a robust coaching/training program for team members on communicating effectively both written and verbally on the strategies to senior management
- Leads the enhancement to the cross-portfolio reporting with the cross-functional stakeholders. Ensures all programs have timelines and project teams have clear goals, objectives, and milestones consistent with company objectives and goals
Leads the Resource Planning initiative for the PDM organization
- Interacts with senior leadership and major stakeholders to refine the strategic plans and objectives for resource planning
- Coordinates activities with Drug Substance, Drug Product, Analytical, Supply Chain, Regulatory Affairs, and Quality to ensure the timely and compliant execution of the resource planning models to meet the budgeting timeline
- Identifies and helps resolve resource constraints and/or conflicts that affect multiple projects within and across programs
Knowledge, Experience & Skills
- 10+ years of relevant experience and a BA or BS or; 8+ years of relevant experience and a MS or MBA. Relevant experience consists of experience in a Program or Portfolio Management role within the biotech/pharmaceutical industry with thorough understanding of the drug development process
- Prior experience with creating strategies, long-term planning, and managing integrated timelines and resources. Manage and engage with leadership to innovate and refine strategies
- Strong experience in Project Management Office PMO processes, creating templates, and training materials. PMP certification desirable
- Excellent organizational planning skills, time management, and record retention. Capable of setting priorities and managing high workload. Strong work ethic and demonstrated ability to deliver assignments on time, thorough follow-through and implementation skills
- Strong and succinct communication skills written and verbal including oral presentation skills and class room training techniques
- Ability to interact with multiple layers of the organization with demonstrated success initiating change and influencing at all levels
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with new, complex technologies and produce professional work products
- Develops solutions to complex issues that require a high degree of ingenuity, creativity and innovation. Continuous improvement mindset
- Demonstrated strong leadership with ability to develop and mentor team members
- Excellent resourcing, analytical and forecasting skills
- In-depth knowledge and skill with Microsoft Office (e.g. Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, Project) and SharePoint as a user and administrator.
- Thrive in a team-oriented and values-driven environment, customer service, and interpersonal skills
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead’s therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
For jobs in the United
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the ‘EEO is the Law’ poster.
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.