For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
This role is being created as a new position within the Planning Team to support the delivery of Supply Planning (MPS) & Execution (S&OE) with the longer term objective of being a key contributor to a Global S&OP monthly cycle. This is an advanced position with the Supply Chain function at Gilead’s Cork facility requiring significant expertise/specialization in Supply Chain Management. The focus of the role will cover all Supply Planning activities to cover product planning, material availability, order delivery & inventory strategy execution. Purchasing\ CMO Management experience would be needed as required. The purpose of the new role will be to separate the Supply Planning (MPS) & the Schedule Execution elements of the Planning function with a Senior Manager over each Area to provide greater focus.
Associate Director, Supply Chain Planning Department
Permanent Role: Carrigtwohill, Cork
- Manages operations and personnel, including organizing and prioritizing daily tasks, performing training and performance reviews to accomplish company objectives, in accordance with the budget and timelines.
- Responsible for personnel management to select, develop and evaluate staff to ensure the efficient operation of the function & conducts or organizes training and performance reviews.
- Frequently interacts with functional peer group managers. Interactions normally involve matters between functional areas, other company divisions or units, or customers.
- Implements and assists with the development of Supply Chain policies, procedures, techniques, standards, and systems.
- Prepares project plans and manages projects to successful and timely completion. Provides expertise to the team and functional areas to anticipate, identify and resolve complex project issues which pose a challenge to achieving strategic goals.
- Reviews and assists with planning requirements for business operations, taking into account demand or trends in the marketplace. Takes action to meet schedules and/or resolve technical problems.
- Coordinates other departments and external parties to maintain inventories at planned level, ensuring resources are sufficient to achieve the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Responsible for ensuring the creation and maintenance of documentation to reflect the effectiveness and efficiency of department activities
- Supports the Continuous Improvement process by aggressively seeking ways to improve Supply Chain processes and performance.
- Works on problems of moderately complex scope where analysis of situation or data requires evaluation of identifiable factors, establishment of root cause & implementation of corrective actions to meet business targets on OTIF, Inventory etc..
- Work across organizational, cultural and geographic boundaries to optimize company strategic results within the supply chain function.
- Introduce and integrate new technologies and\or new processes, as needed & support and develop inventory level tactics to support delivery of the business goals.
- Provide input to more senior team members on planning and forecasting challenges to drive continuous improvement in standards.
- Execute the planning and control of materials and finished goods to meet OTIF and distribution demand & Compile and analyse data to assist with decision-making.
- Generate documents such as work orders, purchase orders, material transfer requests, or shipping documentation to support supply chain execution activities.
- Track progress with department supervisors, readjust schedules and communicate changes according to production progress, change orders, manpower requirements, product availability or other conditions impacting timelines.
- Will use approved methods to make decisions in line with company goals and objectives, e.g. transfer or delivery of inventory, production schedules, and prioritisation of product release.
- Will develop and implement programs with Global Planning, CMO suppliers and\or internal cross-functional team members to support continuous improvement activities.
Knowledge & Skills
- The ideal candidate will possess good planning and organizational skills coupled with strong communication, time management skills and an aptitude for working with computer systems to plan and manage supply chain requirements.
- Demonstrate an in depth understanding and application of principles, concepts, practices, and standards along with an in depth knowledge of industry practices.
- Demonstrates knowledge and proficiency across multiple practices within the Supply Chain department at Gilead, to understand, coordinate and communicate across the competing demands of each.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills, strong analytical skills and problem-solving capability.
- Possess up-to-date knowledge of business operating systems, DRP, production scheduling, Oracle\DB2\Access databases, and Excel, its uses and functions, and business need’s and developments.
- Ability to develop solutions to a wide range of moderately complex problems, which require the regular use of ingenuity and innovation.
- Proficient in ERP system software, with emphasis in the Operations\ Supply Chain functionality.
- Knowledgeable in cGMP operations functionality.
- The preferred candidate will have relevant experience in related field and a BS or BA; or
- Relevant experience and a Master’s Degree.
- Experience in pharmaceutical operations/cGMP environment highly desirable.
- Resilient profile with the ability to deliver in an ambiguous environment
- Ability to engage and manage multiple stakeholders to achieve the objective
- Curious with learning agility
- Operationally excellent
- Organised with systematic approach to prioritisation
- Process orientated to achieve the business objective
Gilead Core Values
- Integrity (always doing the right thing),
- Teamwork (collaborating in good faith),
- Excellence (working at a high level of commitment and capability)
- Accountability (taking personal responsibility).
- Inclusion (encouraging diversity)
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
It is the policy of Gilead Sciences, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively "Gilead" or the "Company") to recruit select and employ the most qualified persons available for positions throughout the Company. Except if otherwise provided by applicable law, all employment actions relating to issues such as compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, returns from layoffs, company-sponsored training, education assistance, social and recreational programs are administered on a non-discriminatory basis (i.e. without regard to protected characteristics or prohibited grounds, which may include an individual’s gender, race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, veteran status, and age, unless such protection is prohibited by federal, state, municipal, provincial, local or other applicable laws). Gilead also prohibits discrimination based on any other characteristics protected by applicable laws.
For Current Gilead Employees and
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.