For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
The position has an important role in framing perspective for decision makers in the organization through the Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP) process. The role is responsible for ensuring the S&OP meetings take place, facilitates the meetings and summarizes the meetings. This role is focused on achieving S&OP process objectives via successful execution keeping participants on track and moving toward resolution of demand and supply plans for the defined cadence.
Purpose of Role
• Manage the S&OP / S&OE Weekly / Monthly / Quarterly / Annual process activities.
• Solid line to the Director of Supply Chain – Supply Planning Lead
• Dotted Line to Sr. Director, Supply Chain – Demand Planning Lead
Your primary responsibility will be to manage the monthly Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP) cycle meetings (Product, Demand Planning, Supply Planning, Demand/Supply Reconciliation, Executive Review) and weekly and Sales and Operations Execution (S&OE) meetings
o Ensure the process happens on time, helping the multifunctional team to comply with the requirements and actively participate and contribute as per their defined roles.
o Facilitate the S&OP meeting, ensuring that all information is presented, all stakeholders are engaged, decisions are made and execution plans articulated with owners and completion dates
o Lead the S&OP/S&OE management reviews, prepare all data and metrics for review, identify gaps and scenarios that must be presented, guide final decision making on open items and trade-offs, and prepare escalations for executive review where appropriate.
o Develop, deploy, track and report results and drive key performance indicators (KPI’s) assisting with problem solving and root cause analysis for critical success factors not meeting expectations monitoring network wide execution of the plan.
o Ensure that decisions from the meeting are captured appropriately and communicated to each function/department/team including S&OE and, if necessary, ensure that execution takes place. Work with the executives on required escalation items
Sustain the process:
o Ensure that the S&OP process is sustained to the intended level of maturity.
o Onboard newcomers from different functions on the process and engage them on the key expectations.
o Continuously seek feedback from stakeholders on the process, meeting effectiveness, metrics and subsequent activities to identify issues to resolve.
o Use metrics and analytical tools to understand areas for opportunity and change.
o Periodically conduct health check on the process and outcome.
Improve the process:
o Leverage industry best practices and continuous improvements to continually enhance the S&OP/S&OE processes
o Report metrics back to S&OP process owner, executives and the team to identify progress, root causes for correction or process improvement.
o Document current process and work with the S&OP process owner on continuous improvement, challenges with the process and options to improve the process.
o Support the S&OP process owner in implementation of improvements. Share and reapply best practices with other business units/geographies beyond their span of control.
Knowledge, Experience, and Skills:
• 10+ years’ supply chain planning experience preferably in a regulatory managed industry such as Life Sciences or Biopharmaceuticals
• An undergraduate or post-graduate degree in engineering, operations, supply chain management, business or a related field.
• Certifications / qualifications in project management, such as ones from the Project Management Institute (PMI), or supply chain/operations/S&OP certification, such as APICS or CPIM.
• Broad knowledge and relationships across different parts of the organization: commercial, sales, marketing, product development, finance and manufacturing
• Deep knowledge in planning processes: demand planning, supply planning, new products introduction, material planning and S&OP process. Understanding the connection between groups and activities and ability to organize people and activities to achieve expected outcomes. Insight into opportunities to simplify and integrate process steps to maximum effect.
• Focuses on priority setting - most important and relevant topics through identification of impact on business results.
• Proven ability to communicate with people at all levels, ranging from individual contributors to high-level executives in both technical and nontechnical audiences.
• Ability to collaborate across functions and siloes to accomplish goals and tasks. Ability to build rapport, understanding and trust with all key stakeholders through ongoing dialogue and delivering results. Skilled at working with teams of people with disparate opinions and agendas to develop common outcomes, strategies and plans.
• Demonstrated skills as a negotiator to reach consensus, buy-in and commitment.
• Understands organizational "hot spots" and focuses diverse groups on common organizational outcomes. Fosters productive dialogue and manages high-tension situations with diplomacy and tact to maintain credibility and influence.
• Enlist strong process and project management skills/ability to manage change. Can track progress and move teams to complete goals.
• Must possess strong problem solving skills and solid judgment and be able to work autonomously
• Must possess strong data analytical skills to problem solve, manage / measure business, and seek opportunities for improvements.
• Experienced using ERP systems and tools, plus if candidate has hands-on knowledge of Kinaxis Rapid Response
• Relevant experience developing complex analysis tools (excel) to trend data and develop dashboard reports and graphs.
• Can create forecasts, using analytical tools and various sources of data. Can explain how forecasts have been constructed and comment on relative confidence of forecasts.
• Participates in scenario planning, based on various sources of data to provide options to S&OP team.
• Focused on ensuring that all data and activities are managed at an appropriate level of detail to ensure an accurate demand and supply plan.
• Change agent. Is not satisfied with the status quo and works proactively to continually improve it.
For jobs in the United
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the ‘EEO is the Law’ poster.
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.