For Current Kite Pharma Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job
Cell Therapy Senior Case Manager (m/w/d)
Kite, a Gilead Company, is a biopharmaceutical company engaged in the development of innovative cancer immunotherapies with a goal of providing rapid, long-term durable response and eliminating the burden of chronic care. The company is focused on chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) and T cell receptor (TCR) engineered cell therapies designed to empower the immune system's ability to recognise and kill tumours. Kite is currently adding additional talent as it focuses on providing maximum access to patients with unmet needs.
Gilead Sciences Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercialises innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead’s therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, invasive fungal infection, cancer, inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
The Cell Therapy Case Manager will be an office-based position based out of the Gilead country affiliate office. The successful candidate will be responsible and accountable for the monitoring and tracking of each step of the cell journey to ensure the timely delivery of CAR T cell therapy product to patients and an outstanding experience for hospital customers. In addition, they will be responsible for leading and guiding the further development of Kite’s customer experience offering in their country, as well as day-to-day support of the wider case manager team.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Manages patient cases from initial patient enrolment through to final product delivery.
- Partners with hospital customers to ensure a smooth and painless cell therapy journey.
- Leads on the response to enquiries from healthcare providers, hospital team members, and Kite/Gilead counterparts surrounding the cell therapy journey.
- Leads the development of the country-specific Kite Konnect® offering.
- Guide and leads the case manager team in the country
- Engages with a cross-functional, cross-border team to continually build a top-shelf customer experience (e.g. development of new business processes, technical platform capabilities, enquiry-handling tools)
- Familiarity with working in heavily regulated, quality-control driven environments (e.g. strictly following SOPs where they exist, extrapolating quality principles to apply in situations where they do not)
- Precision and accuracy in data validation and verification
- Transparency in working, open to challenge and willing to take feedback
- Experience working in relevant healthcare/clinical trial environments (e.g. stem cell transplant centres, clinical trial management)
- Ideally – familiarity with ATMP, cell therapy, CAR-T therapy, personalised medicine, stem cell transplant
- Strong empathy, focus on customer experience, and verbal and written communication skills
- Proven problem solving ability, willingness to work “hands on” and cross-functionally to resolve customer issues or queries
- Time- and self-management skills to ensure timely support to customers (and treatments to patients)
- Experience leading a team of junior resources, including quality control and support for improvement
- Business reporting and analytical skills to support local, regional and global analysis
- Ability to look beyond day-to-day activities to identify and communicate opportunities for enhanced efficiency and/or customer experience
- Experience working in cross-functional, cross-border teams to deliver business improvement
- Strong in all our values: integrity, inclusion, teamwork, accountability and excellence.
Kite is a biopharmaceutical company engaged in the development of innovative cancer immunotherapies with a goal of providing rapid, long-term durable response and eliminating the burden of chronic care. The company is focused on chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) and T cell receptor (TCR) engineered cell therapies designed to empower the immune system's ability to recognize and kill tumors. Kite is based in Santa Monica, CA. For more information on Kite, please visit www.kitepharma.com. Sign up to follow @KitePharma on Twitter at www.twitter.com/kitepharma.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
It is the policy of Gilead Sciences, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively "Gilead" or the "Company") to recruit select and employ the most qualified persons available for positions throughout the Company. Except if otherwise provided by applicable law, all employment actions relating to issues such as compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, returns from layoffs, company-sponsored training, education assistance, social and recreational programs are administered on a non-discriminatory basis (i.e. without regard to protected characteristics or prohibited grounds, which may include an individual’s gender, race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, veteran status, and age, unless such protection is prohibited by federal, state, municipal, provincial, local or other applicable laws). Gilead also prohibits discrimination based on any other characteristics protected by applicable laws.
For Current Kite Pharma Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.