For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
Customer Network Manager Rheumatology (m/f/d)
The BU Inflammation is a new franchise for Gilead worldwide and responsible for the commercialization of our new product to be launched in 2020 and our future portfolio in Inflammation.
In this position you will identify, initiate and manage several regional and national network-projects with German rheumatologists, nurses or other health care professionals and you will be reporting to the Business Unit Director Inflammation.
Specific Job Requirements:
- Responsible for regional/national projects connecting customers and working closely together with the infield team.
- Works cooperatively with Medical Science Liaisons, Market Access Managers, Marketing and Sales Team (Sales Manager, Sales Representatives) on various cross-functional projects.
- Builds and extends business relationships with key customers, accounts and relevant key opinion leaders.
- Development of special patient support programs in cooperation with patient advocacy team
- Represents Gilead at professional events and promote company products at such events.
- Manages dedicated project budgets, speaker events, regional/national workshops, round tables etc. and other miscellaneous external expenditures.
- Utilizes a level of product and therapeutic disease working knowledge to promote initiate and manage projects related to Gilead products to healthcare professionals.
- Prepares account plan for defined accounts / networks, assigns projects and communicates required actions to achieve goals.
- Works in collaboration with outside partner companies to manage projects or services.
- Assists in the identification and resolution of issues and opportunities and communicates proactively to marketing, sales and market access management.
- Completes necessary administrative tasks in a timely and compliant manner e.g. updating planned and running projects, expenses, etc.
- Responsible for achieving the competency levels required in the role.
- Compliance with all regulatory agencies, state, and national law is required.
- Account network and referral pathways: insight generation and engagement strategies and tactics
Knowledge, Experience & Skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to lead and build working relationships internally and externally. Must be able to develop strong KOL relationships.
- Country-specific pharmaceutical sales certifications is essential. (§75 AMG)
- Typical candidates may possess a BA or BS degree and/or relevant sales experience within the pharmaceutical or healthcare industry.
- Previous pharmaceutical experience is essential and relevant therapeutic working knowledge is desirable.
- The ideal candidate will have excellent contacts to and an existing strong customer network in the field of Rheumatology in the region.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt quickly to a changing environment, understanding new business challenges and how digital solutions can help overcome them.
- Strong skills to identify, manage and execute projects with different customers. Able to connect customers in value adding projects.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work with a general level of autonomy and independency.
- Has proven expertise in interpersonal and relationship-building skills, along with strong influencing and negotiating skills.
- Is familiar with industry trends and remains current with competitor’s resources and practices.
- Can speak about the pros and cons of the existing therapy algorithms in a competitive market (overall goals of plan, cost vs. efficacy, dosing, duration, side effects etc.) according to the marketing/sales strategy.
- Is able to identify rising issues / solutions / opportunities and is able to present / communicate arguments to management/marketing.
- Demonstrates solid analytical skills, able to identify and understand moderately to complex issues and problems and interpret information in a manner that provides appropriate recommendations to management and specialists.
- Is able to work in a cross-functional infield team: Medical, Marketing, Sales, and Market Access
- Proven experience in account planning and cross functional account management approach.
If this is not the right move for you now but remain interested in a career at Gilead Sciences please connect with us via our talent community: https://gilead.avature.net/Gilead
- Resilient and business acumen profile with the ability to deliver in an ambiguous and very competitive environment
- Curious with learning agility
- Operationally excellent
- Analytical with systematic approach to prioritization
Gilead Commercial competencies
- Initiative into Action
- Strategic approach
- Communications Impact and influence
- Customer relationship building
- Customer and market insights
- Business analytics
Gilead Core Values
- Integrity (always doing the right thing),
- Teamwork (collaborating in good faith),
- Excellence (working at a high level of commitment and capability)
- Accountability (taking personal responsibility).
- Inclusion (Encouraging Diversity)
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead’s therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
For information please visit www.gilead.com
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
It is the policy of Gilead Sciences, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively "Gilead" or the "Company") to recruit select and employ the most qualified persons available for positions throughout the Company. Except if otherwise provided by applicable law, all employment actions relating to issues such as compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, returns from layoffs, company-sponsored training, education assistance, social and recreational programs are administered on a non-discriminatory basis (i.e. without regard to protected characteristics or prohibited grounds, which may include an individual’s gender, race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, veteran status, and age, unless such protection is prohibited by federal, state, municipal, provincial, local or other applicable laws). Gilead also prohibits discrimination based on any other characteristics protected by applicable laws.
For Current Gilead Employees and
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.